Acquisition Corps Careers
Acquisition, Logistics & Technology Contracting NCO--51C
*This is not an entry-level position.
Basic Job Description
Provide operational and contingency contracting support to deployed forces and DoD agencies.
Job Responsibilities could include: Serving as an NCO on a modular contracting team; serveing as contracting NCO in support of Headquarters, Principle Responsible for Contracting (PARC) Brigade Contracting Command, Battalion Contracting Command and/or Installation Contracting Offices for training and mission support; assist with the execution and administration/revision of CSPs, annexes and appendices in support of operational, contingency and deliberate plans associated with PARC AOR operations as well as integration of such plans, annexes, and appendices with the AFSB; assist with contingency plans, and deliberate plans for contingencies and military operations.
Assist with the development, revision, and maintenance of all operational databases and plans for Army Contingency Contracting Equipment Packages (ACCEP) in coordination with the AFSB.
Training: After completing tours in contracting, the staff sergeant (promotable) or sergeant first class AL&T contracting NCO will attend the Army Logistics Management College’s Army Intermediate Contracting Course (AICC) in Huntsville, Alabama for 7 weeks. This is equivalent to the Army’s Advanced NCO Course (ANCOC).
ASVAB Score Required: 110 in aptitude area GT
Security Clearance: A security eligibility of favorable National Agency Check (NAC) or Entrance National Agency Check (ENTNAC), per AR 370-67, para 3-613.
Strength Requirement: Moderately heavy
- Must be eligible for reclassification per 614-200.
- Must successfully complete Defense Acquisition University Level I and Level II contracting courses.
- Normal color vision.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Exhibits stability in personal affairs as outlined in AR 600-20.
- Have a valid U.S. drivers license.
- Meet Service Remaining Requirement (SRR) as outlined in AR 614-200, chapter 4.
- Waiver authority for eligibility criteria or MOS Qualification issues will be forwarded to the Director, Acquisition Career Management, Acquisition Support Center (ASC), 9900 Belvoir Road, Bldg 201, Ft Belvoir, VA 22060, for decision.
(14) Formal training (completion of MOS 51C Qualification courses conducted under the auspices of the Assistant Secretary of the Army AL&T) mandatory.