Air Force Job Information for Maintenance Management Production 2R1X1
The Maintenance Management Production specialist plans, schedules and organizes use and maintenance of aircraft, engines, munitions, missiles, space systems, aerospace ground equipment (AGE), and associated support systems.
They document and maintain aircraft, engines, missiles, munitions, AGE, and associated support systems records. Additionally, they maintain generation flow plans for units required to meet emergency war orders and wartime tasking. The maintenance management production specialist also analyzes maintenance information and requirements and develops visual presentations. Finally, they monitor aircraft maintenance scheduling effectiveness.
Related DoD Occupational Subgroup: 155800.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and schedules aerospace vehicle maintenance and utilization requirements.
- Develops plans and establishes production schedules to meet mission requirements.
- Schedules aerospace vehicles, AGE, munitions, missiles, space systems, and associated support systems through maintenance phases.
- Determines maintenance capabilities to aid in developing operational schedules.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual utilization schedules for known maintenance and operational mission and training requirements.
- Coordinates with base activities to ensure support is available to meet schedules.
- Manages aerospace vehicles, engine munitions, missiles, space systems, AGE, and selected equipment inventory data.
- Reconciles flying hour data with Operations.
- Schedules and monitors workload requirements.
- Ensures the maintenance operation center (MOC) supervisor and appropriate Maintenance and Operation Group commanders are advised of maintenance capabilities, limiting production factors, and adherence to maintenance schedules.
- Uses an automated system to schedule and monitor maintenance activities' workload.
- Schedules maintenance jobs, help establish work priorities and monitors completion times.
- Operates maintenance information systems (MIS) and maintains equipment records to support applicable weapons systems.
- Coordinates with maintenance data systems analysis to establish automated support requirements.
- Maintains and audits weapon systems records.
- Collects, reviews, and files documented information for planning and scheduling maintenance actions.
- Maintains historical records for weapons and support systems.
- Manages the weapons system configuration, Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO), special inspection, and time change program and their related MIS.
- Ensures accurate documentation of aircraft engines, munitions, missiles, space systems, AGE configurations, TCTO, time change items, and special inspections.
Knowledge: Knowledge is mandatory of aircraft, engines, and associated equipment; maintenance and automated procedures applying to planning, scheduling, and documenting; concepts and application of maintenance directives; automated system status; operational, inspection and time change; delayed discrepancy; TCTO; and engine subsystems.
Education: For entry into this specialty, completion of high school with courses in basic mathematics is desirable.
Training: For award of AFSC 2R131, completion of a basic maintenance scheduling course is mandatory.
Experience: The following experience is mandatory for award of the AFSC indicated:
2R151. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 2R131. Also, experience in maintenance scheduling and documenting.
2R171. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 2R151. Also, experience performing or supervising maintenance scheduling and documenting functions.
2R191. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 2R171. Also, experience managing maintenance scheduling activities.
Other: For award and retention of AFSCs 2M033/53/73 or 2M033A, eligibility for a Secret security clearance, according to AFI 31-501, Personnel Security Program Management.
Strength Req: H
Physical Profile: 333233
Required Aptitude Score: G-43 (Changed to G-44, effective 1 Jul 04).
Course #: J3ABR2R131 003
Length (Days): 31