Army Enlisted Job Descriptions
Basic Job Description
Note: This is not an entry-level job.
Supervises, instructs and serves as the senior enlisted member for SF activities. Trains and maintains proficiency in all major duties associated with Special Forces. Performs administrative, operational and training duties during tasks organization of the ODA in mission preparation (isolation) and during operations. Performs joint, combined and coalition planning and supervises operations for higher headquarters, major commands and joint commands. Performs senior leadership, staff, and training functions within special forces.
ASVAB Score Required: N/A
Security Clearance: Secret
Strength Requirement: N/A
Physical Profile Requirement: 111221
- Must complete Special Forces Qualification Course formal training course
- Must be a graduate of Advanced NCO course
- Must be a US Citizen
- This job is closed to women
Similar Civilian Occupations
There is no civilian occupation that is directly equivalent to MOS 18Z. However, the following civilian occupations make use of the skills developed through MOS 18Z training and experience.
- First Line Supervisors/Managers of Protective Service Workers, All Others
- Human Resources, Training, and Labor Relations Specialists, All Other