Aspire Lifestyles (Formerly VIPdesk)
A Work-at-Home Company Profile
Founded in 1997 as VIPdesk, this company began by offering virtual personal concierge services to the high-value customers of its first client, a financial services firm.
In 2013, VIPdesk rebranded as Aspire Lifestyles. The company continues to provide high-end customer service, also known as concierge service, for high-value clients in the fields of travel, health, wellness, and home and auto assistance. Clients are based around the world
Though Aspire does have onsite call centers where some of its customer service agents work, many of the customer service jobs with Aspire can be done from home.
Types of Work-at-Home Jobs at Aspire
The company's home-based employees handle inbound customer requests via phone, e-mail, and chat. There are two types of customer service positions.
- Brand ambassadors are entry-level call center agents and can work either from an onsite location or from home. These positions provide customer service to Aspire's corporate clients. The job may include light selling or upselling clients on additional services.
- Concierges are similar to virtual assistants. They are primarily responsible for assisting clients with personal requests. These can include making restaurant reservations, arranging travel and accommodations, organizing floral delivery, or getting event tickets. Concierges are not responsible for any selling.
Agents are employees, not independent contractors. The company offers benefits, including vacation and holiday pay, monthly and quarterly bonuses, insurance after 30 days of employment, and 401(k) retirement savings.
Requirements and Qualifications for Work-at-Home Aspire Jobs
Paid training is provided for both brand ambassadors and concierges, and employees are expected to learn on the job. However, Aspire does have some requirements for applicants to its customer service positions.
- High school diploma (some college preferred)
- Previous experience in customer service
- Some sales experience
- 35 words per minute typing skills
- Weekend, evening, and holiday availability
- Successful credit and background checks
- Fluency in English (additional language skills for some positions)
Agents must have a quiet home office, corded headset, landline phone, reliable Internet, a PC computer, shredder, filing cabinet, and several other software requirements. Other office equipment purchases may be required after employment begins.
Aspire hires employees in the United States, as well as the United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, Australia, China, Japan, and Taiwan. Not all locations hire at the same time. Positions are generally restricted to residents of certain states or cities.
Applying to Aspire Jobs
To apply, you will:
- Select the job you are interested in, choose "Apply Now," and create an account with login information.
- Receive an email with a link to the application process.
- Fill out a pre-screening questionnaire regarding your work experience, education, and skills.
- Complete a skills assessment.
Other Work-at-Home Customer Service Jobs
If you don't have the experience to work for Aspire, or they are not currently hiring agents where you live, there are other work-from-home customer service jobs available.