Best International Job Search Engine Sites
When you’re looking for jobs abroad, one of the best tools is a job site that focuses on international listings. You will be able to find job postings for the country where you want to work. You may be able to view jobs in a choice of languages, and you’ll be able to apply online directly to companies and for positions of interest.
The international job search engine sites allow users to search the major job sites, company sites, associations, and other online job sites by keyword for a variety of countries.
International Job Search Engine Sites
Using these sites is a way to expedite your search because you’ll find jobs from a variety of sources on one website, with a few clicks of your mouse or on your tablet or phone. Review this information on some of the best job search engines for finding overseas jobs, and for tips and advice for finding a job abroad.
- Indeed.com International Jobs: Use Indeed.com's international job search engine sites to search job listings in Canada, France, Germany, India, Spain, the United Kingdom, and many other countries around the world. Their listings are from thousands of websites, job boards, newspapers, blogs, company career pages, and associations.
- Monster International Jobs: Monster’s job search engines enable users to access opportunities in Europe, Canada, the Middle East, and Asia.
- HRDC Job Bank: This site, also known as Job Bank or HRDC, connects job seekers to Canadian job openings. In addition, users can upload and manage their resume, create email job alerts and match their profile to employer job postings. You can also get information on job market trends around the country and across industry sectors.
- LinkUp Canada: LinkUp Canada includes job listings throughout Canada that are only found on company and employer websites.
- LinkUp UK: LinkUp UK includes job listings throughout the United Kingdom that are posted on company websites.
- CareerJet: Careerjet's job search engine network provides job listings from 50 countries, featuring separate interfaces that are translated into 20 languages.
- Joblift: Joblift works with partner job boards in the United Kingdom. It uses extensive filters and an intelligent search algorithm to deliver the best job search results from multiple job sites.
- Jooble.org: Jooble is a job search engine that searches jobs in 44+ countries.
- Recruit.net: Recruit.net is an international, multilingual job search engine covering China, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong. There are also some listings from other countries.
- Seek.com: Seek.com includes job listings in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Asian executive jobs, job search and career tools, and volunteer opportunities.
- iHipo.com: You can use iHipo.com to search for international jobs and internships for students and young professionals by country or region.
Sites for Americans without a Work Permit
Some governments or agencies have mechanisms for job seekers to secure short-term work authorization. Here are a few:
North American Teaching and Cultural Assistants in Spain: This site connects users to eight-month long paid positions through the Spanish government assisting teachers within Spanish schools running from October through May.
American Trainees in France: The French-American Chamber of Commerce brings together young (ages eighteen to thirty-five) Americans and French employers for paid work experiences lasting up to eighteen months and helps them secure trainee visas.
Peace Corps: Through this program, the U.S. government places thousands of Americans in projects related to agriculture, education, public health, environment, education, and youth in over sixty countries worldwide.
ProFellow: This site lists eighteen leading fellowships for mostly paid teaching positions for Americans abroad, including the Jet program for Japan and the Fulbright English Teaching Assistant program.