Chronological Resume Example
The following is an example of a chronological resume. This is a resume that lists your work history in reverse chronological order (i.e., starting with your most recent job first). This type of resume affords you the opportunity to highlight your most outstanding talent, skills, and expertise first.
Chronological Resume Example
17017 Fuzzy Blvd, Edmond, OR 00222
c: 455-999-3333 | e: JaFree@copxs.net
I am an energetic and motivating leader with a proven ability to effectively manage both staff and long and short-term projects. I am also a self-starter and strong independent worker who excels at analyzing products and procedures in order to generate new ideas that improve efficiency and production quality. I have a reputation for being highly adaptable to ever-changing circumstances and I am known to shine when working in team environments. I am also skilled at developing and executing strategic business plans for both small and large businesses.
Comfort, Inc., 20XX-Present
- Manage daily operations of a $1 million foam insulation company.
- Train and supervise work crews in more efficient product installation techniques resulting in reduced material waste by 20 percent and labor hours by 43 percent.
- Instrumental in developing sales team’s knowledge in the areas of building science and energy conservation in order to provide customers with the information to successfully plan for, and utilize, spray foam insulation.
- Developed an effective marketing campaign and restructured product pricing/discounts resulting in an 80 percent bid acceptance rate.
- Implemented new bidding process utilizing Excel spreadsheets to formulate more accurate bids. Allowed for the tracking of individual job costs and provided feedback regarding the efficiency of crews with regards to material waste and labor hours.
United States Rescue Officer, 19XX-20XX
- Data Network Manager - Managed command and control data network used to generate video representation of geographic area surrounding the ship. The team consisted of 38 individuals from four departments.
- Production Control Officer - Coordinated the efforts of 135 personnel utilizing 37,000 man hours. Completed 520 jobs totaling over $4 million during a 13-month refurbishment period.
- Assistant Command Duty Officer - Directed daily routine utilizing a duty section of 600 personnel from 12 different departments.
Instructor Pilot (19XX–20XX)
- Administered, coordinated, and supervised flight and academic training for the United States flight training program that encompassed over 200 instructors and 600 students in five units.
- Coordinated and supervised four Flight Commanders to ensure that pilot completion rates met quarterly and annual goals.
- Managed and scheduled 11 instructor pilots and 38 flight students to complete primary and intermediate level flight training.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- MBA in Finance, Auburn University,
- BA in Business Economics, University of Costa Rica
- Aviator - Advanced Flight Training, United States Flight Patrol
- Integrated Project Team Course - Project Management College, United States Flight Patrol
Selective courses in building construction, construction management, and cost estimating.
AWARDS AND COMMENDATIONS
- Navy-Marine Corps Commendation Medal (two)
- Navy-Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal