Learn About IT Outsourcing Company CompuCom
CompuCom Systems, Inc. is an IT outsourcing company headquartered in Dallas, TX. The company was founded in 1987 and specializes in infrastructure management and integration, application development, and hardware/software procurement and management. It has over 12,000 associates working for clients worldwide, including Fortune 100, 500 and 1000 companies.
The company boasts seamless Windows migration with minimal business disruption.
- Configuration and Image Management know-how
- National Delivery Capabilities with more than 300 accredited Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers
- Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP)
- Single Point of Contact through expertise in Windows Server, Security, Active Directory, Networking, and Group Policy, among others.
Other specialized areas are LANs and WANs, data storage, disaster recovery, server virtualization, cloud computing, IP Telephony, VOIP, and business video. CompuCom’s Asset Life Cycle Management system manages technology assets over their lifecycles via its Integrated Infrastructure Management (IIM™) service framework.
CompuCom supports the hardware and software of Apple, Cisco, Dell, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, Intel, Lenovo, Microsoft, and many others. Its top three competitors are Unisys Corporation, HP Enterprise Services, LLC., and IBM Global Services
CompuCom has over 100 offices in North America, Latin America, and India.
In the United States, major offices operate in Massachusetts, Texas, Alaska, New Jersey, Washington, New York, California, and Illinois.
Compucon refers to employees as “associates” to reflect a culture of respect and collaboration. According to its careers page, the company incorporates the core values of “win-win, integrity, respect, and excellence, with a focus on urgency” into working culture.
It promises “healthy work-life balance, training and advancement, great benefits, and more.” Like most outsourcing providers, the majority of associates work off-site at client locations.
CompuCom has positioned itself as an industry leader for IT professionals, offering "more resources, better guidance and the support of a large, stable company." Based on 136 anonymous reviews from employees and contractors, CareerBliss.com gives CompuCom an overall score of 3.5 on s 5-point scale. This is just above the industry average of 3.0. The company scored above average in growth opportunity, benefits, senior management and job security. It scored average or slightly below average in career advancement, compensation, and work-life balance.
On Glassdoor.com, the company scores a 2.6 rating (out of 5,) based on 869 employee reviews. It achieves the highest rating for work/life balance (2.9) and the lowest for senior management (2.1)
CompuCom offers a well-rounded benefits package for full-time employees. Certain benefits begin on the first day of work. It provides:
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts to help employees save on healthcare, dependent care, and commuting expenses
- Employee Assistance Program for free professional short-term counseling
- Life insurance and long-term and short-term disability insurance
- 401(k) Matched Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for graduate and undergraduate studies
- Reimbursement for technical certifications obtained while employed with CompuCom
- SkillSoft Training Library access, with over 5,000 courses on the latest technologies and business skills
- Other benefits are discount purchasing programs, adoption assistance, home, and auto insurance, pet insurance, travel assistance, legal access, and identity theft protection
CompuCom is active in its communities. It creates opportunities for employees to support community service organizations such as Childhaven, the Humane Society, and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Jobs at CompuCom
Tech jobs on offer at the company are:
- System Integration Managers with experience in Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, VMware, Citrix, UNIX and SAN networks
- Networking Specialists and Analysts
- Software Developer positions are open for those with experience in C#, AJAX, SQL, Microsoft.NET, HTML, and XML
- Systems Administration
- Service Desk Analysts
- Infrastructure Architects
- Program Specialists
Sales positions are available at many of CompuCom’s offices in the areas of IT outsourcing, staffing, and software.
Securing a job at CompuCom
The latest jobs appear on the company’s career areas page. Jill Welch, Vice President and General Manager of Talent Acquisition, advises applicants, “Be honest about your capabilities. Don’t overstate.” She adds, “the most important thing is passion for technology and customer service. We’re in the business of servicing our clients, so we need people who have that customer-service orientation and a passion for doing that.” Jobs become available in real-time, and the company endeavors to make immediate hires.
CompuCom is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The hiring process accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, aboriginal peoples, and members of visible minorities. Employment practices comply with the Ontario Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
This post has since been updated by Laurence Bradford.