Concert Tour Itinerary Template
So you're planning a concert tour for your band. You might not realize it, but whether you have a tour manager or are going it alone, a concert tour itinerary is your life-on-the-road BFF.
The tour itinerary should have all of the information you need about your shows, accommodation and more, all in one handy place. But what if you're not sure how to put one together? This template will help.
First, a few caveats: you can write your itinerary anyway you see fit - this is simply a guide to the kind of information you should include.
Also, the bigger the tour, in terms of budget, length, and personnel, the more complex the tour itinerary get. The example here has most relevance to smaller, indie/DIY tours.
Template for Your Concert Tour Itinerary
Okay, then. Here is your tour itinerary template:
- Date and City: At the top of the page, put the date and the city you will be in for that day.
- Venue Name, Address and Phone Number: These are self-explanatory, but this is the logical place to keep this information.
- Promoter/Venue Contact Person: Who is promoting the show? Include the name, phone number and email address for later reference.
- Contacts for Other Acts: If you can, include contacts for other acts on the bill.
- Press Obligations: Are you expected for any interviews/radio sessions? Are there any phone interviews planned? Include the time, location, and contacts, and any other information that may apply.
- Show Details: Load-in, soundcheck, doors, stage and finish times. Also, include what position you are in on the bill and the name of the other acts.
- Fee for The Show: What is the agreed fee for the show? Who made the agreement? Is there a contract? Include all of that information.
- Accommodation Info: Where will you be staying? Include name, address, phone number, and reservation number (assuming you do not couch crashing). Also include directions from the venue, room rate, number of rooms and/or information on whether the room was provided by the promoter.
- Additional Info: Here, put any special details specific to this show. Are you sharing a drum kit with the openers? Is the promoter providing a meal? Is there a venue fee for selling merch? How many guest lists spots do you have? Any important people expect to be at the show? Make sure all of these relevant little details go here.
- What's Up Next?: Where are you heading tomorrow? How long will it take to get there and what time does everyone need to be in the van? Don't forget to account for any press obligations you need to roll into town early for.
It's a good idea for everyone on the tour to have a copy of the tour itinerary and for there to be the main page that includes cell phones for everyone else on the tour, plus information about any p.d.s everyone should expect to get.
You should also map out the whole tour, with complete driving directions. You can decide if everyone needs a copy of all of the directions or if it is okay for just the driver to have that information, but you should include traveling times on everyone's itinerary.