Email Cover Letter Samples
When you're sending an email cover letter, it's important to follow the company's directions on how to submit your cover letter and resume, as well as to make sure that your email cover letters are written as well as any other professional correspondence you send.
Here are some more tips on how to craft a resume, as well as some samples you can use to start yours.
Tips for Writing an Email Cover Letter
Write in paragraphs of about two to four sentences and use proper grammar and spelling, just as you would in any other letter.
Though this should be a given, avoid including emojis or images of any sort.
Perhaps more important than formatting, though, is the content of your cover letter. You can review these email cover letter samples below, but be sure to personalize them when you apply for jobs.
You should tailor these samples not just to your own experience but also to each job you’re applying for. Pay close attention to the detail of the job description, specifically the responsibilities and requirements. Make sure your cover letter reflects how you are a good fit for these requirements.
Email Cover Letter Example
Subject: Store Manager Position - Your Name
Dear Hiring Manager,
I read your job posting for the Store Manager position with interest, as the qualifications you are seeking match closely with my professional skills and experience.
I can offer XYZ Company:
- Over five years of retail management experience
- Ability to effectively hire, train, and manage staff
- Payroll management, scheduling, reports, and inventory control expertise
- Extensive work with visual standards and merchandising high-ticket items
In addition to my extensive retail experience, I have excellent communication skills. I always maintain a gracious and professional manner when communicating with people, including customers and store staff. My broad experience and range of skills make me a superior candidate for this position.
My resume, which is below, provides additional information on my background and qualifications. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible to arrange a time for an interview.
Thank you for your consideration.
Attaching the Letter to an Email
Take note of how the company requests you submit your cover letter. For example, you may be instructed to attach your cover letter along with your resume. In this case, make sure your cover letter is either a Word document or a PDF file.
Pasting the Letter Into the Email
If you paste your cover letter into the body of your email, keep your text in the default font of your email provider. Make sure the text is readable and formatted correctly. For example, avoid long paragraphs or a series of stacked, short sentences.
How to Send an Email Cover Letter
When applying for employment via email, copy and paste your cover letter into the email message or write your cover letter in the body of an email message. Here's how to send an email cover letter.
More Email Cover Letter Message Samples
Here is a list of more email cover letter samples you can use to get started. This list includes examples of cover letters that target specific types of jobs (full-time, part-time, summer, and volunteer) as well as email cover letters to use at different transitional stages in your career (promotions, job transfer requests).
- Email Cover Letter Sample
- Email Cover Letter Sample With Attached Resume
- Email Inquiry Letter
- Sample Cover Letter With Salary History
- Sample Cover Letter With Salary Requirements
- Sample Email Cover Letter - Part-Time Job
- Sample Email Cover Letter - Summer Job
- Sample Email Message - Volunteer Position
- Sample Formatted Email Cover Letter Message
- Job Promotion Email Cover Letter
- Job Transfer Request Email Message
- Job Transfer Request Email Message - Relocation
Email Cover Letter Formatting Examples
For more information about how to format your cover letter, check out the following links:
- Address an Email Cover Letter
- Email Cover Letter Subject Line Examples
- Email Cover Letter Salutation Examples
- Email Cover Letter Closing Examples