Hospitality Job Resume Samples
Resume Examples - Hospitality, Chef, Waitress, Catering, Cook
Are you looking for a job in the hospitality industry? When you’re writing a resume, it can be helpful to look at resume examples related to your job or career field. From there, choose the type of professional resume that best presents your skills.
While many hospitality industry employers use online applications, you may need to craft your own resume to send to others. Writing a resume will also help you to organize your information for entering into online applications.
Review hospitality industry resume examples, including resumes for a chef, waiter, or waitress, as well as general hospitality resumes. Whether it's your first job, you are changing professions, or you want to polish your resume, these templates can help.
Hospitality Skills for Resumes
What skills should you emphasize in the hospitality industry? Before you begin to write your resume, consider your past employment and training and how those will make you a good candidate for other positions. For nearly any position in the hospitality industry, you'll want to emphasize the following skills on your resume:
- Customer service: Whether you're a housekeeper, server, or concierge, you'll need to greet customers with a smile and cheerful attitude, answer questions, solve problems, and otherwise demonstrate strong verbal communication and customer service abilities.
- Attention to detail: The little things matter in the hospitality industry – they're the difference between a great or mediocre review. Having a good memory and paying attention to details elevates service (and can also increase tips).
- Teamwork: You'll need to work well with other staff members, collaborating to provide a good experience for customers.
Resume Samples for Hospitality Jobs
This is a sample resume written for a sous chef position. You may simply read the sample below or download the Word template by clicking on the link.
Hospitality Resume Example (Text Version)
534 Rue Lane
San Francisco, CA 94105
Energetic and creative sous chef offering four years’ experience contributing to success of Michelin-starred restaurants. Positioned to excel in role demanding superb leadership and personal initiative.
- Well-versed in hiring, training, and supervising kitchen teams of ~10 staff, leading by example to ensure the highest food quality and workplace morale.
- Trained in advanced French cooking and patisserie, with track record of creating award-winning desserts lauded by customers and in the media.
- Budget-conscious and proactive in identifying ways to reduce food and labor costs without sacrificing quality.
- Adept in use of Microsoft Office Suite, POS, and restaurant management software.
THE FRENCH BISTRO, San Francisco, CA
Sous Chef, May 2017–Present
Partner with Chef de Cuisine to create innovative and exciting new menu items. Supervise team of ten prep chefs and other kitchen staff in food preparation and kitchen sanitation; establish and convey shift schedules. Hire and train new personnel in cooking techniques and safe food handling processes.
- Stepped up to serve as acting Chef de Cuisine during three-month leave of permanent chef.
- Created hallmark chocolate cake offering that earned rave reviews in San Francisco at Night and Taste of San Francisco.
- Identified new sources for fresh, locally produced organic produce that slashed costs by 60%.
THE SEASIDE GRILL, San Francisco, CA
Sous Chef, March 2015–May 2017
Leveraged training in French cooking techniques to optimize preparation of a wide range of grilled seafood appetizers and entrees. Ensured uncompromised staffing of back-of-house operations, closely monitored food handling practices, and trained new hires in industry best practices.
- Introduced new recommended pairings of specialty seafood dishes with wines that increased up-sales of wine menu by 45%.
- Promoted within three months of initial hiring as Prep Chef (June 2015) to oversee five kitchen staff.
Education & Certification
Associate of Science Degree in Culinary Arts (2015)
City College of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Review More Resume Examples
Highlight the hospitality skills mentioned above on your resume. As well, take a look at the job requirements mentioned on the job description — reviewing these will help you understand what employers are looking for in candidates.
- Hotel Front Desk Resume: Highlight your communication skills, such as verbal communication, friendliness, and respect.
- Hourly Position Hospitality Resume: This example is suitable for an hourly position in the hospitality industry, such as hotel front desk and other positions. It highlights customer service training and experience.
Chef/Cook Resume Examples
If you are applying for a position in the kitchen, take the time to review these skills for chefs.
Front of the House Resume Example
Want to get a job as a waiter and waitress? In addition to listing your relevant experience, you’ll want to emphasize your skills, such as communication, engaging with the public, greeting guests, listening, and verbal communication.
Not sure how to get a job as a waiter/waitress? Start by asking people you know to refer you to open positions. Many restaurant jobs are filled by word of mouth. Then visit local restaurants to inquire about openings, and search listings on job search sites.
- Waiter/Server Resume: Customize your cover letter and resume based on examples for a server position.
Student/Seasonal Hospitality Resume Examples
Students who need employment during school breaks or workers who enjoy changing locations with the weather might need to find seasonal jobs. Industries like retail, tourism, and transportation hire seasonal workers, generally during the summer months and the holiday season. Resume examples can help you get started with your seasonal job application:
- Summer or Seasonal Catering Job Resume: Looking for a catering gig? Customize this resume example to reflect your experience and land that seasonal job. Just be sure to remove the student-centered information, such as your GPA, if you’re a more experienced worker.
- Seasonal Waiter Resume Example: Once you’ve acquired a good deal of experience, you can let your job history and skills speak for themselves and take off irrelevant or outdated information.