Hospitality Job Resume Samples
Resume Examples - Hospitality, Chef, Waitress, Catering, Cook
Are you looking for a job in the hospitality industry? When you are writing a resume, it can be helpful to look at resume examples related to your job or career field. From there, choose the type of professional resume that best presents your skills.
While many hospitality industry employers use online applications, you may need to craft your own resume to send to others. Writing a resume will also help you to organize your information for entering into online applications.
Below, you'll find hospitality industry resume examples to review, including resumes for a chef, waiter, or waitress, as well as general hospitality resumes. Whether it's your first job, you are changing professions, or you want to polish your resume, these templates can help.
Hospitality Skills for Resumes
What skills should you emphasize in the hospitality industry? Before you begin to write your resume, consider your past employment and training and how those will make you a good candidate for other positions. For nearly any position in the hospitality industry, you'll want to emphasize the following skills on your resume:
- Customer service: Whether you're a housekeeper, server, or concierge, you'll need to greet customers with a smile and cheerful attitude, answer questions, solve problems, and otherwise demonstrate strong verbal communication and customer service abilities.
- Attention to detail: The little things matter in the hospitality industry - they're the difference between a great or mediocre review. Having a good memory and paying attention to details elevates service (and can also increase tips).
- Teamwork: You'll need to work well with other staff members, collaborating to provide a good experience for customers.
Hospitality Resume Examples
Highlight the hospitality skills mentioned above on your resume. As well, take a look at the job requirements mentioned on the job description—reviewing these will help you understand what employers are looking for in candidates.
- Hotel Front Desk Resume: Use this example highlighting your communication skills.
- Hourly Positions Hospitality Resume: This example is suitable for an hourly position in the hospitality industry, such as hotel front desk and other positions. It highlights customer service training and experience.
Chef/Cook Resume Examples
If you are applying for a position in the kitchen, take the time to review these skills for chefs.
- Chef / Culinary / Restaurant Resume: See how to detail your experience to get a chef position or management position in the culinary industry.
- Cook Resume: Example of a cover letter and resume for a cook position.
Front of the House Resume Example
- Waiter/Server Resume: Cover letter and resume example for a server position.
Student/Seasonal Hospitality Resume Examples
If you are a student looking for employment during school breaks, or you are looking for seasonal work, use these resume examples. Plus, here's advice on finding seasonal jobs.
- Summer or Seasonal Catering Job Resume: Use this resume for food preparation and service positions.
- Seasonal Waiter Resume Example: For front of the house seasonal staff.
Resume Types and Templates
You should also review the various types of resumes.These include functional, combination, and targeted resumes, as well as resume templates you can download to create your resume.
- Combination Resume: This format emphasizes your skills, then follows with a chronological list of employment.
- Chronological Resume: This format shows your experience by date.
- Functional Resume with Summary Statement: This format focuses on skills and experiences, and is useful when applying in a new industry or if you have gaps in employment history.
- Targeted Resume: If you want to emphasize your skills only for the type of position for which you are applying, this is a good format to use.
- Resume with Accomplishments Section: This resume is a good format to use when applying for a higher level position and you have achievements you want to emphasize.
- Resume With Skills Section: This resume will emphasize the training you have received and the skills you have used in previous jobs that are relevant to your current application.
- Resume Templates: A variety of templates you can use to build your resume.
- Resume Format: More information about the different sections of a resume.
- More Resume Examples: More free resume examples that fit a variety of employment situations.
Resume Writing Tips: How to Write the Perfect Resume for Your Job Hunt