How to Get a Job With a Fortune 500 Company
AllianceQ is a website that lets firms find you based on your skills.
When you're interested in working for a Fortune 500 company, you should go directly to where those companies recruit: AllianceQ. This collaborative website between a group of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of small and medium-sized companies is intended to create a pool of job candidates for all of those firms. It provides an easy way for those candidates to be found by top employers and simplifies the hiring process for both employers and job seekers.
With job posting sites, it can be hard for those looking for work to differentiate between what's a legitimate job opening and what's spam. It's also hard for companies to determine who is a qualified candidate and who is not when they get overwhelmed with applications for every available position.
Get Matched With Jobs
Here's how the matching system works at AllianceQ. Candidates go to the site and fill out a profile. HR professionals at participating companies, including Starbucks, ADP, Bank of America, AT&T, Bayer, Siemens, Intuit, Mercer, and Oracle, for example, go to the site when they have a job opening. The system then matches profiles with the job opening.
Phil Haynes, AllianceQ's managing director, provided this more detailed, step-by-step summary of how the recruitment process works:
- Candidates build a profile based on the O*NET Occupational database.
- Recruiters build search agents, selecting tasks, skills, work environments, and more based on the same data structure as the candidate profiles.
- The system searches profiles and jobs to generate a structured match based on the data in the profile and the job posting.
- All information is confidential until the candidate opts to express interest in a position.
- When there's a match, the recruiter sends an email asking the candidate if they are interested in being contacted.
- If they are interested, the candidate clicks to release information to the recruiter and to be considered for the job.
"AllianceQ takes the guesswork out of recruiting and applying for jobs," Haynes said. "The recruiter only sees candidates that match their hiring criteria, and candidates are only approached for jobs that are a match with their qualifications."
Creating Your Profile
Before you build a profile, you must register with AllianceQ and you may do so anonymously; your name and contact info won't be given out until you accept a job invitation. In addition, you can block your current employer from seeing your profile.
You can use your social media profiles, such as the one you have on LinkedIn, to help you create your AllianceQ profile. It will take a few minutes to complete your profile, but it's worth the effort because you’re detailing your experience, qualifications, and extra information like where you want to work and how much money you’d like to earn.
Keep in mind that job seekers aren't applying for specific jobs. However, when you are contacted, it will be for legitimate job openings that you’ll likely have an interest in and are qualified for. Plus the contact will be from an actual recruiter.