Information Security Analyst Job Cover Letter and Resume
Information Security Analyst Cover Letter Example
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
City, State, Zip Code
Dear HR Manager:
This letter is to express my interest in your posting on LinkedIn for a Senior Information Security Analyst. I have extensive experience handling varying security threats, regulating data access, and leading various security task forces at my previous employers. I am confident I will be an asset to your organization for those very reasons.
With high profile data breaches making the news lately, it is vital companies can provide safety guarantees to customers. I take pride in knowing I can help setup and maintain those various security settings, both internally and externally. Through continuous education and research, I am up-to-date on industry trends and technologies, and remain one step ahead of all cyber attacks. It is my focus to ensure company information remains safe and in the proper control.
Building a strong, focused, and dedicated team has helped me develop a successful career, thus far. I believe in professional development, leading by example, and that you are only as strong as your weakest link. I hope to help develop your existing team and be a positive role model for security compliance and identifying potential threats.
I’ve attached a copy of my resume that details my experience. I can be reached anytime via my cell phone, 123-456-7890 or via email at email@example.com. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity. Thank you for your time.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
The following is an example of a resume for an information security analyst position.
Information Security Analyst Resume Example
123 Boston Ave.
Boston, MA 02115
Senior Information Security Analyst, SPOT, Boston, MA
December 20XX - Present
- Identify emerging technology capabilities to evaluate technology enhancements.
- Coordinate ongoing improvements to security management policies and procedures.
- Define and update security standards and checklists.
- Work with various departments to improve detection of security threats and breaches.
- Partner with IT and business departments to identify gaps in procedures.
Information Security Analyst, ABC Northeast, Boston, MA
November 20XX - November 20XX
- Identified and analyzed business violations of security policy and standards.
- Performed research, analysis, and troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and explain complex security issues to members of the company.
- Administered and maintained user access controls, processes, and procedures to prevent unauthorized access, modification, or misuse of ABC resources.
- Processed requests to modify and grant security accesses.
- Compiled and generated security reports on system and network accesses.
Junior Security Analyst, Network Inc., Hartford, CT
June 20XX- November 20XX
- Provided documentation and data collection support.
- Assisted in the evaluation and implementation of new security technologies.
- Implemented, as directed, appropriate response measures to security threats.
- Categorized support problems and responded with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Performed mitigations required to protect critical resources.
Bachelor of Science, XYZ University, Hartford, CT
Major: Computer Science
Master of Business Administration , ABC Polytechnic Institute, Boston, MA
Concentration: Information Systems
- CompTIA Security+, May 20XX
- GIAC Information Security, December 20XX
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Information Security Analyst - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information.
Start your email message with the salutation. Here's an example of a formatted email cover letter.
Please Note: This sample is provided for guidance only. The provided information, including samples and examples, is not guaranteed for accuracy or legality. Letters and other correspondence should be edited to fit your personal situation.