Internship Opportunities at NBC Universal
Business, Media, and Entertainment Opportunities Available
According to Bloomberg BusinessWeek, NBC Universal ranks # 16 among the Fifty Most Popular Employers for Business Students. Glassdoor.com gives NBC Universal a rating of 3.4 out of 5 as a good place to work, and CEO Steven Burke receives a 93% approval rating. Based on a review by a current employee NBC Universal is a “…great place with great people.” (Marketing Manager; Universal City, CA). According to one intern on Glassdoor, who is currently working at NBC Universal, it is the “best internship [they] have ever had” and the environment is “very organized…with lots of teaching programs and perks.
NBC Universal also has a Campus 2 Career Program. This program recruits interns on both the East and West Coast. They recruit for about 200 interns per semester in diverse businesses units such as marketing, film, TV production, development, PR, even legal, finance, and HR positions. They visit schools all around the country and look for diverse schools to offer them a broader variety in their choices. They also depend a lot on referrals from current employees, so networking skills are key to gaining access to these great opportunities.
Due to the large number of resumes they see each month, they also strongly recommend that internship candidates applying for one or more of the various internships available make their resumes or CV’s as clear, organized, and consistent as possible.
NBC Universal was formed in August 2004 through the merger of General Electric’s NBC with Universal Entertainment. They are headquartered in Rockefeller Center in New York City. The NBC Universal Television Stations division is comprised of 10 NBC television stations in major U.S. television markets, along with 15 stations affiliated with the Telemundo Network. Entertainment shows produced by the new group include The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Last Call with Carson Daly, and Saturday Night Live.
These stations broadcast NBC and Telemundo network programs and provide a substantial amount of locally produced news, sports, and another programming.
NBC Universal internship opportunities give students real-world experience, networking opportunities, and exposure to one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
NBC Universal offers a wide range of internships that include:
- Accounting & Finance
- Advertising & Sales
- Business Development & Strategy
- Film Development & Production
- Communications & Media Relations
- Business News at CNBC
- Human Resources
- Operations & Technical Services
- TV Programming, Production, Development and Scheduling
- Must be pursuing an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an accredited institution
- Must be a sophomore or above
- Have obtained at least thirty class credits
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Eighteen years of age or older
How to Apply
To apply for an internship with NBC Universal, please utilize the link on the website. Set up a Log-In and Password and then upload your Resume or CV. Please indicate the semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) and type of internship desired in the body of the email.
Internship Example: Marketing Intern
The Marketing Intern position works for the Fandango movie ticket division of NBC Universal. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary, celebrity interviews and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. At many theaters, fans can print their tickets at home or receive them as a paperless Mobile Ticket on their smartphones.
- Assist with marketing campaign execution, reporting, and analysis, including a gift with purchase programs, sweepstakes, digital, broadcast and print campaigns
- Assist with planning and execution of experiential events, sponsorships, and seasonal campaigns
- Manage and maintain company-wide and internal marketing calendars
- Assist with partnership marketing for broadcast, digital and print campaigns
- Other duties as defined by the Director, Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in progress
- Ability to work 40 hours during the summer.
- Possess strong written and oral communications skills
- Be a detail-oriented self-starter with a great attitude
- Have an interest in digital media and a passion for going to the movies
- Marketing experience is a plus
Internship Example: Business Operations Technology Intern
The Business Operations Technology Intern position works for Golf Channel. Driven by Golf Channel, GolfNow (www.golfnow.com) is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 2 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail, and mobile applications. As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow provides turnkey solutions to their operations (www.golfnowsolutions.com) with the main areas of focus on:
- Online marketing and distribution of tee times
- Web hosting, development and customer management solutions
- Revenue optimization, database expansion, and other course products
The GolfNow Sales Internship Program is specifically designed for college juniors and seniors and offers the opportunity to experience working at GolfNow. The purpose of this program is to expose students to GolfNow’s technology and customers while providing hands-on training and group project experience.
- Develop and maintain business processes and tools for sales and support teams
- Build and run reports and dashboards on demand
- Provide technology training and turnover to related staff
- Develop presentations for the executive summary of current projects
- Analyze and handle support cases as they are submitted
- Enter and maintain data for Accounts, Opportunities, Cases and other objects in Salesforce
- Test and provide quality assurance for pre-release automation
- Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL
- Must have a GPA greater than or equal to 3.0
- Punctual and consistent attendance
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to execute a number of parallel tasks and work with cross-functional teams on a day-to-day basis required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective project management skills a strong plus
- Golf Knowledge a plus