Learn About the Adobe Internship Program
Adobe Systems is a leading publisher of a wide range of desktop computing applications including Adobe Reader and Publisher, FlashPlayer, Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, and PageMaker to name just a few. Whether it is a smartphone or tablet app, gaming, online video, digital magazines, websites, or an online experience, chances are that an Adobe product was involved. The wide range of Adobe products and services are designed to improve the communications of businesses and help them support their brands and achieve greater success in the future.
Adobe’s key competitors are Microsoft and Apple. While Microsoft and Adobe collaborate on a wide variety of products, Apple and Adobe have been the focus of considerable controversy over the years. This particularly relates to the Adobe FlashPlayer. While Apple cited technology issues, Industry Analysts speculated it was more about cross-platform competition, which then led to an interesting and ongoing exchange between Steve Jobs and the management at Adobe!
The Adobe Internship Program
Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranked Abobe #7 among “The 25 Companies With the Highest-Paying Internships”, with an average intern salary of $5,861 per month. The average salary at Adobe is $110,765. Glassdoor.com gave the company a rating of 3.7 out of 5 as a good place to work and 84% of employees surveyed would recommend Adobe to a friend as a great place to work. One current employee summarized it by saying “Excellent company. Innovative products. Outstanding people." Adobe offers a wide range of internships at both its San Jose headquarters as well as locations both Domestic and International in scope.
Abode is actively looking for experienced programmers to intern as software engineers, software quality engineers, information systems specialists, user interface engineers, and computer scientists. Students can sign on for a summer, a semester, or an academic year.
San Jose, CA (HQ); San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; Arden Hills MN; Lehi, UT; McLean, VA; NYC, NY; Waltham, MA; plus various locations in Europe and in Asia.
There are many benefits to an Adobe internship. Adobe offers a competitive salary and an opportunity to build a strong network of professionals in the field while working and attending social events offered by the company. Interns are even able to get discounts on Adobe products which is a huge benefit to students.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university and actively pursuing a degree.
- Have the legal right to work in the location where you will intern.
Internship Pick of the Week: UX Design Intern-19188
Adobe's Global Solution Consulting UX (User Experience) team is looking for a talented UX Design intern with 1-3 years of experience at an agency or freelance level. Candidates need to be passionate about all design, have an exceptional eye for detail and experience designing for desktop and mobile environments. Interns will be working with a group of forward-thinking UX professionals where they'll be given an opportunity to help define the next-generation of digital experiences for web and mobile platforms.
- Proactively engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including designers, developers, engineers and consultants to define project goals and frame solutions.
- Design POC's, vision demos, and custom demos that align with the goals of our business and that of our customers.
- Craft amazing digital experiences while leveraging Adobe's technology.
- Convey ideas via sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes.
- Work across a wide range of technologies, platforms, projects, and verticals.
- Collaborate with a team of Developers, UX Architects, and Solution Consultants.
- Outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Well-versed in fundamental visual and interaction design disciplines.
- Enrolled at an accredited university and actively pursuing a design related degree - HCI, Graphic/Visual Design, Interaction Design, Computer Science, etc.. >li>Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite tools.
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS.
- 1-3 years of mobile and web application design experience - Agency or freelance.
- Ability to work within nebulous parameters.
- Strong comfort level and flexibility for an organic and iterative process.
- Design-oriented with an appreciation for technology.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Sharp presentation skills.
- Ability to self-manage and remain on task while working within aggressive timelines.
- Comfortable working with a diversified and remote team.
Candidates with the following experience are preferred:
- Experience with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS).
- Basic familiarity with modern JS frameworks.
New York, NY
- Prepare your perfect Resume. Submit in PDF format only.