Learn About Internships at Marvel Entertainment
Get Info on Opportunities from Comics to Movies
With the release of Star Wars: Episode VII sometime this year, avid fans may want to jump on the chance of doing an internship this summer at Marvel Entertainment.
Internships at Marvel
Marvel offers internship opportunities to students who are currently enrolled full-time in a college or university. Internship opportunities are available during the fall and spring semesters as well as summer for students looking to gain valuable work experience between college semesters. Marvel has many opportunities for students interested in various fields and students are strongly encouraged to apply to more than one of Marvel’s internships to increase their chances of getting hired.
Marvel includes all aspects of entertainment from best-selling comics and award-winning online content, to TV shows and blockbuster Hollywood movies. For those interested in entertainment, Marvel is a great place to start your career. For those interested in the creation of comic books, what better place to intern than Marvel? Listed below is a sampling of the types of internships available in Marvel’s East Coast office:
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required.
- In art returns, you will help organize and process original artwork created by real Marvel comic book artists!
- Great opportunity for business majors.
- Are you interested in how comics get from the creator into a reader’s hand?
Two types of internships are available in this department:
- Great opportunity for students majoring in English, Comparative Literature, and Communications.
- Assist with the editorial process, transmittal, and receipt of artwork, plots, and scripts, and also learn the step-by-step process.
- Interns will work in the Bound Book Room and Digital Archives (the comic book library to end all comic book libraries!).
- Interns will organize comic books and CD archives on Marvel characters ranging from Apocalypse to Zaladane
- Participate in research for various outstanding Marvel Departments.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- This is an opportunity to learn how comic books are created from being separate color, art, and lettering files to the actual physical copy developed through this process.
- Must possess computer skills working on a Mac; plus knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- A working knowledge of Marvel’s comics and characters is also very helpful.
Just to name a few, Marvel is behind a variety of theatrical hits, such as Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc.
Marvel Studios, a division of Marvel Entertainment, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, also provides outstanding internship opportunities in departments, such as film development, marketing, legal, animation, and interactive internships. Marvel Studios is located in sunny Manhattan Beach, California.
The following qualifications are preferred (not required) for those interested in applying for internships at Marvel Studios:
Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
Marvel Entertainment has offices in New York City and Manhattan Beach, California.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student at a college or university.
Must be available to work 2-3 days a week.
For out of state applicants: Travel & housing is NOT provided.
The good news is that Marvel hires interns on a rolling basis.
Applications are being reviewed between February 28th and April 29th for summer 2015, so there is still time to apply.
All applicants must be prepared to travel to Marvel’s New York City office (or the Burbank office for Marvel Studios, LLC) if selected for an interview.
For questions about East Coast internships, applicants may contact the Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!