J.R. Duren - The Balance
- A native California who is now living in Florida
- Has written for publications in the United States, Finland and Spain
- More than a decade of writing and editing experience
J.R. Duren is a terms editor at The Balance, a role in which he focuses on content that provides clear answers for common questions about personal finance and small business.
J.R. has worked as a full-time and freelance editor consumer-focused websites including LendingTree and HighYa.com. He began his career as a marketing writer and transition to role reporting role at The Villages Daily Sun, where he covered community news and health for two years. Over the years, his writing and reporting has been featured on Glassdoor.com, Homes.com, and H&R Block.
J.R. was born in San Diego and now lives in Jacksonville with his wife and two children.
- Master of Divinity, Bethel Seminary
- Bachelor of Religious Studies, Southern California Bible College