- Jessica has over 10 years of academic and professional writing experience
- She holds a MSc in Cognitive Research Psychology from the University of Calgary
- Her work has appeared on Investopedia, Money Crashers, Money Under 30, Scotiabank, and more
Jessica is a freelance writer, professional researcher, and mother of two rambunctious little boys. She specializes in personal finance, behavioral economics, and financial literacy. Jessica is fascinated by the psychology of money and what drives people to make important financial decisions.
She has written for The Balance since March 2021.
- How Business Credit Scores Work, Money Under 30
- How to Separate Your Self Worth From Your Net Worth, Money Crashers
- How to Create SMART Goals and Boost Your Savings, Simplii Financial
- What is Financial Counselling? (And do You Need it?), Financial Best Life
Jessica graduated from the University of Calgary with Bachelor’s degrees in Communications and Culture and Psychology. She then went on to pursue her Masters of Science degree in Cognitive Research Psychology.