Job Interview Thank You Letter Examples
Thank You Email and Letter Samples for After a Job Interview
Writing a thank you letter after a job interview is always a good idea. In fact, some employers think less of those interviewees who fail to follow-up promptly. It's quick and easy to follow up after an interview with an email, note, or formal letter. Taking the time to do so, will help you leave your interviewer with a great impression.
Why Send a Thank You Letter After an Interview
Why are thank you letters important?
The first reason to send a thank you letter is that it's just plain good manners. But there's also a self-serving purpose: a thank you note is your opportunity to get your name in front of people one last time and leave a positive impression.
If you're interviewing or going through the job application process, thank you letters allow you to sell yourself as a candidate. You can reference specific instances that may have come up in an interview. Use your thank you letter to highlight the ways your skills and experience are a good match for the position. Also, if there's something you forgot to mention during the interview, this is an opportunity to bring it up.
Thank you notes in other career-related situations — such as a thank you note to a boss for helping you out or to a former co-worker for making a networking connection — allow you to reinforce that you appreciate the person's helpful behavior.
Job Interview Thank You Letter Examples
Browse this list of thank you letters and email messages for guidance and inspiration in crafting your own letter.
- Sample Thank You Letter for a Job Interview
- Sample General Thank You Letter
- Sample Thank You Letter for an Entry Level Job
- Sample Follow-Up Thank You Letter Example
- Sample Follow-Up / Thank You Letter After a Job Interview
- Sample Influence Letter for After a Job Interview
- Sample Thank You Letter After a Second Interview
- Thank You Letter Sent After a Group Interview
- Sample Interview Thank You Letter for Employees
- Personal Thank You Letter
- Thank You Letter for an Introduction
- Thank You Letter for a Referral
- Sample Letter Thanking a Prospective Co-Worker
Thank You Email Message Examples
- Sample Email Thank You Note
- Sample Email Influence Letter
- Sample Phone Interview Thank You Email Message
- Sample Formatted Email Thank You Message
Thank You Letter Format and Template
Thank You Letters - Specific Positions
- Sample Administrative Position Thank You Letter
- Thank You Letter for an Internship Interview
- Thank You Letter for an Internship
- Thank You Letter for Internship Experience and Career Advice
- Sample Internship Thank You Letter
- Sample Nurse Position Thank You Letter
- Sample Social Work Position Thank You Letter
- Sample Summer Job Thank You Letter
- Sample Thank You Letter for a Volunteer Interview
Thank You for Job Search Help Letters
- New Job Announcement and Thank You Letter - Networking Contact
- New Job Announcement and Thank You for Referral
- Sample Thank You Letter for a Job Lead
- Sample Thank You Letter for Job Search Help
- Sample Letter of Appreciation
- Sample Thank You Letter for an Informational Interview
- Sample Networking Thank You Letter
- Referral Thank You Letter
- Sample Thank You Letter for a Referral
Types of Thank You Notes
Job Offer Thank You Letters
- Sample Thank You Letter for a Job Offer
- Job Rejection Letter Sample #1 (Thank you for job offer)
- Job Rejection Letter Sample #2 (Thank you for job offer)
When to Send a Thank You Letter
Send thank you letters as soon as possible. Did someone do something helpful? Did you have an interview? Write your note that day or the next one. It's easiest to write a thank you letter when the details of an encounter are fresh in your head.
Whether you're writing a thank you note after a phone screen or sending a quick note of appreciation to your boss, it's best to write — and send — your note promptly.
A good guideline is to send the letter within 24 hours. Delaying serves no helpful purpose, and also increases the likelihood that you will forget to write the note. And, delay too long, and the company can make a decision without you having the chance to make one last positive impression.
Interview Thank You Letter Writing Tips
How to Write an Interview Thank You Letter
How to write a thank you letter including who to thank, what to write, and when to write an employment-related thank you letter.
Tips for Writing a Perfect Thank You Letter or Email
More thank you letter tips, including how to handle group interview letters, timing, proofing, and more employment thank you letter writing advice.