- Lecturer in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Instructor of college-level Spanish language courses since 2008.
- Has a Ph.D. in Hispanic linguistics.
Jocelly Meiners, Ph.D. is a lecturer in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Texas at Austin. She has taught Spanish language courses at the college level since 2008, with a current specialization in courses for Heritage Spanish learners.
Jocelly has been writing for ThoughtCo since 2019. She has penned articles on French and Spanish grammar and verb conjugations and about Spanish and French language learning tools, such as best tutoring services, online lessons, books, apps, and podcasts.
Dr. Meiners earned her Ph.D. in Hispanic linguistics and her M.A. in French linguistics from the University of Texas at Austin. She also holds a B.A. in French and astronomy.
- Spanish Verb Venir Conjugation, Usage, and Examples, ThoughtCo
- The Best Podcasts for Learning French, ThoughtCo
- “Cross-cultural and Interlanguage Perspectives on the Emotional and Pragmatic Expression of Sympathy in Spanish and English.” In The Pragmeme of Accommodation: The Case of Interaction around the Event of Death, edited by Vahid Parvaresh and Alessandro Capone. 2017.