- Lecturer in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Instructor of college-level Spanish language courses since 2008.
- Has a Ph.D. in Hispanic linguistics.
Jocelly Meiners, Ph.D. is a lecturer in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Texas at Austin. She has taught Spanish language courses at the college level since 2008, with a current specialization in courses for Heritage Spanish learners.
Jocelly has been writing for ThoughtCo since 2019. She has penned articles on French and Spanish grammar and verb conjugations and about Spanish and French language learning tools, such as best tutoring services, online lessons, books, apps, and podcasts.
Dr. Meiners earned her Ph.D. in Hispanic linguistics and her M.A. in French linguistics from the University of Texas at Austin. She also holds a B.A. in French and astronomy.
- Spanish Verb Venir Conjugation, Usage, and Examples, ThoughtCo
- The Best Podcasts for Learning French, ThoughtCo
- “Cross-cultural and Interlanguage Perspectives on the Emotional and Pragmatic Expression of Sympathy in Spanish and English.” In The Pragmeme of Accommodation: The Case of Interaction around the Event of Death, edited by Vahid Parvaresh and Alessandro Capone. 2017.
About The Balance Careers and Dotdash
The Balance Careers makes navigating your career easy. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on job searching, resume writing, salary negotiations, and other career planning topics. Whether you're looking to find a new job, advance at your current position, or explore new paths, The Balance Careers will help you take your career to the next level.
The Balance Careers is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.