- Articles have appeared on sites such Business.com, Business News Daily, FitSmallBusiness.com, and ChoosingTherapy.com
- HR/workforce expert quoted in over 80 publications including the Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Fast Company, Reader’s Digest and more.
- Degrees in Educational Technology, Economics, and Business Ad
- Avid hiker, off-grid camper and Master Gardener
Laura has worked as a tech-savvy HR executive consultant for the American Red Cross, in addition to a director of organizational development in a Fortune 100 and VP of an international franchise organization. She’s led business transformation and change management for large-scale software implementations including SAP, PeopleSoft and Oracle. She’s authored over 200 articles on HR best practices and earned a Telly Award for corporate strategy video communications.
In 2020, just prior to the start of the pandemic, Laura launched her independent consulting firm, Laura H Consulting LLC with two clients in the finance and business development industries. She’s consulted on projects for a global software firm and provides one-on-one coaching for small business executives.
- The Core Functions of HR, https://www.business.com/articles/core-hr-functions/ Business.com
- Exempt vs Non-exempt, https://fitsmallbusiness.com/exempt-vs-non-exempt-employees/ Fitsmallbusiness.com
- Tips for Overcoming New Job Anxiety https://www.choosingtherapy.com/new-job-anxiety-tips/
- Other articles as listed on Muckrack https://muckrack.com/laura-handrick/articles
She graduated at the top 10% of her Economics class at a time when few women attempted the major. She supported graduate students at SDSU with statistics and econometrics to help them complete their PHD before enrolling and completing a graduate program in Instructional Design, where she learned to translate complex information into digestible content for her learners.