Live Nation Careers and Internships
Live Nation is a live-events company focused on concert promotions. It was formed as a spin-off of Clear Channel Communications, which then merged with Ticketmaster in 2010 to become Live Nation Entertainment. Live Nation promotes over 22,000 events annually with total attendance exceeding 50 million, which is more than the NBA, NFL, and NHL combined.
In 2007, Live Nation founded a new music division, Live Nation Artists, to enable them to sign on recording artists, such as Madonna, Shakira, and U2, and act as promoters for their tours. Another Live Nation company, Front Line, is the world's top management company, representing over 250 artists. In 2006, Live Nation also acquired the House of Blues, which includes 13 live performance venues around the country.
Live Nation Internships and Career Opportunities
As the world's largest live entertainment company, Live Nation offers a wide spectrum of internship and career opportunities at many national and international locations. Working at Live Nation is fast-paced, fun, and exciting for anyone with a passion for music and entertainment.
As a global and growing business, the company provides many opportunities for interns and employees to expand their skills and develop their future careers. These opportunities range from providing creative design and marketing services to developing advanced ticketing technologies.
Live Nation separates their career opportunities into five main categories:
- Technology and Product Management. Work with a team to deliver a great user experience. Job titles include: product manager, software engineer, project manager, and data analysis specialist.
- Corporate Functions. Help connect the company with clients and fans. Job titles include: social and content marketing manager, digital marketing executive, management accountant, and facilities manager.
- Sales and Account Management. Focus on maximizing revenue opportunities with clients and fans. Job titles include: business development manager, client account manager, client services manager, and business development director.
- Sponsorship and Advertising. Work with a team on digital advertising and marketing partnerships with companies interested in promoting their brand across Live Nation's entertainment channels. Job titles include: account director, account executive, and digital partnerships director.
- Flexible Work. Work at events or provide other support based on business needs. Job titles include: box office assistant, front of house, and hospitality supervisor.
According to the job site Indeed, Live Nation salaries range from approximately $20,800 for a parking attendant to $132,887 for a software architect. The job site Glassdoor advertises Live Nation positions and salaries such as senior software engineer: $130,000, project manager: $86,003, and box office manager: $51,138.
Live Nation Internship Qualifications
Those interested in an internship at Live Nation must meet the following qualifications:
- Receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting the assignment
- Enroll in a bachelor's or master’s degree program at an accredited college or university
- Be a junior or senior in college
- Pursue a degree in the music industry related to marketing, entertainment, sales, or other field
- Have reliable transportation
- Conduct oneself in a professional matter at all times
- Be available for evening, weekend, and holiday work
Interns must work a minimum of 20 hours per week and will receive college credit.
Live Nation Summer Internship Example
A summer internship can provide you with valuable experience for your future career. For example, an internship may involve the following tasks:
- Help develop marketing materials and collateral used to create partnerships with brands
- Coordinate ticket sale recaps from shows and programs
- Update excel spreadsheets containing important information related to marketing contacts, albums, and touring activities
- Research industry trends, artist news, brand marketing activity, and general market intelligence
This work experience can prepare you for a future in business development, sponsorship sales, and marketing program activation.
Live Nation Locations
Live Nation is located nationally in places such as Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Raleigh, NC; Cambridge, MA; Wallingford, CT; Bristow, VA; Atlanta, GA; West Palm Beach, FL; and Hollywood, CA. It is also located internationally in Canada as well as around the world.