Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
Type of MOS: PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Postal clerks perform all duties necessary to the efficient operation of a Marine Corps Post Office. Mail handling duties can include but are not limited to accepting, sorting, manifesting and dispatching all types of mail, to include official mail. Postal clerks also issue and cash LISPS money orders, sell stamps, apply postage to, and mail out parcels. They perform any other duties in connection with the proper running of a postal operation. Only postal marines receiving formal training as listed in the prerequisites and assigned to a military postal facility may be given this MOS.
Postal clerks will not be assigned to unit mailrooms to conduct mail clerk/orderly functions.
- Must possess a CL score of 100 or higher.
- Must possess a secret security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Complete the Postal Operations Course, Ft. Jackson, SC, or complete six months OJT to standard for grade per the Individual Training Standards.
- Must have no record of derogatory information or unfavorable conduct that casts doubt on the Marine's trustworthiness and honesty.
- No history of psychiatric disorder, alcoholism, or drug abuse unless a medical evaluation determines the conditions no longer exist.
- No convictions by court-martial, UCMJ punishment for postal-related offenses within the last 3 years or civilian convictions other than minor traffic violations.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.53, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes
- Post Office Clerk 243.367-014.
- Supervisor, Mails 243.137-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3.