Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
MOS 0699 -- Communications Chief
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: MGySgt to MSgt
Job Description: Communications chief, as senior communications noncommissioned officers, directly assist the cognizant communications systems officer. Even though qualified in a specific chief MOS in the Communications Systems Occupational Field, communications chiefs must have an overall knowledge of the equipment capabilities, system integration in MAGTF, and Joint networks of all elements of wire, radio, and data communications. They inspect communications units to determine equipment and operational readiness; and supervise personnel installing, operating, and maintaining communication, transmission, and data communication center facilities. They also have an overall knowledge of operations, budgeting, and administration in order to establish procedures and to assist with the direction and supervision of communication functions.
(1) This MOS is awarded upon promotion to Master Sergeant only to Marines holding MOS 0619, 0629, or 0659.
(2) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(3) Must have a secret security clearance.
(4) Upon promotion to Master Sergeant, Marines holding MOS 0699 are encouraged to attend the Communications Chief Course conducted at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
(5) Active Duty Marines must have two years of active duty upon completion of training.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.106, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
(1) Wire Chief, 0619.
(2) Radio Chief, 0629.
(3) Data Chief, 0659.
(4) Information Security Technician, 0681.
(5) Information Assurance Technician, 0689.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3