Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
MOS 1361 -- Engineer Assistant
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt
Job Description: Engineer assistants perform various duties incidental to construction design, planning, estimating, and management. Personnel assigned this MOS are trained to use optical reading/electronic total station survey instruments to establish the horizontal and vertical alignment/layout for construction projects. In addition, they are trained to use manual/Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) methods of preparing architectural/mechanical/civil drawings, to include computations for bills of material/earthwork volumes.
(1) Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
(2) High school courses in geometry and algebra are required. High school courses in trigonometry are desired.
(3) Complete the Technical Engineering Course, U.S. Army Engineer School Ft. Leonard Wood, MO.
(4) Upon promotion to master sergeant, engineer assistants are assigned MOS 1371. As such, completion of the Engineer Operations Chief Course is required within 1 year after selection to the grade of master sergeant, unless assigned outside the MOS in a non-FMF command such as recruiting/MSG duty. In these cases, after reassignment to a billet requiring MOS 1371, Marines will attend this course within 6 months.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.95, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Surveyor Assistant, Instrument 018.167-034.
(2) Geodetic Computer 018.167-014.
(3) Drafter, Civil 065.281-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Topography Intelligence Specialist, 0261.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3