Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
MOS 7257 -- Air Traffic Controller
Type of MOS:
GySgt to Pvt
Air traffic controllers routinely perform various duties and tasks related to the control of air traffic and vehicles within the designated areas aboard an established airport control zone, expeditionary airfield, or remote area landing site. These duties are performed within control towers, radar facilities, and expeditionary air traffic control equipment.
(1) Must meet the requirements/prerequisites of MOS 7251.
(3) At a MCAS or MCAF, must possess control t:ower position qualifications on ground control and tower flight data, or must possess radar position qualifications on radar final control and radar flight data/coordinator.
(1) Performs duties on operational positions in control towers and radar air traffic control facilities less local control, radar arrival/departure control and radar approach control.
(2) GySgt to LCpl: Supervises and instructs trainees on operational positions in control towers and radar air traffic control facilities less local control, arrival/departure control and radar approach control.
(3) GySgt to Cpl: Performs duties as a radar supervisor in accordance with the current edition of the Air Traffic COontrol NATOPS manual (NAVAIR 00-80T114) at Class IlIA Air Traffic Control Facilities.
(4) GySgt to SSgt: May act as a crew chief.
(5) GySgt: May act as a radar chief or Air Traffic Control specialist (ATCS) examiner at class IIIA Air Traffic Control Facilities.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes:
(1) Air Traffic Control specialist, Tower 193.162-018.
(2) Chief Controller 193.167-010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Senior Air Traffic Controller, 7291.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3