Marine Corps Officer Job Descriptions
MOS 0210 -- Counterintelligence/Human Source Intelligence (CI/HUMINT) Officer
Counterintelligence/Human source intelligence officers lead and conduct CI and HUMINT collection operations in support of the tactical commander's combat operation and force protection requirements. Principle assignments are as HUMINT Exploitation Team (HET) OIC and Assistant CI/HUMINT Platoon Commander. They provide expertise in advanced foreign CI and HUMINT collection, analysis, and dissemination. They advise and assist Commanders in planning and implementing CI/HUMINT operations and force protection measures.
Principle assignments include Staff CI/HUMINT Officer for the MEFs, the MAGTF Commander, and elements of the Marine Special operations Command. CI!HUMINT officers serve in selected external CI and HUMINT billets with NCIS, DIA, and Joint Command Staffs.
MOS/Title: 0210 -- Counterintelligence Officer/Human Source Intelligence (CI/HUMINT) Officer
Type of Officer : Limited Duty Officer and Warrant Officer
Type of MOS : PMOS *
Rank Range: LtCgl to Capt, CW05 to WO
(1) Must be eligible for a top-secret security clearance and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) predicated upon a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSB1). Applications for the SSBI must be submitted prior to attendance of the Counterintelligence Officers Course at NMITC, Dam Neck, VA.
(2) Must be a male warrant officer.
(3) Must be willing to submit to a Test for Espionage and sabotage (TES) polygraph examination.
(4) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(5) The following courses of instruction are desirable as skills progression courses for MOS 0210:
- (a) Advanced Counterintelligence Course, Dam Neck, VA.
- (b) Military Operations Familiarization Course, Washington, DC.
- (c) Field Training Course, Washington, DC.
- (d) Operations Support Specialist Course, Washington, DC.
- (e) DoD Strategic Debriefing Course, Ft. Huachuca, AZ.
- (f) Multi-Discipline CI Analysis Course, Washington, DC.
- (g) Joint CI Staff Officers Course, Washington, DC.
- (h) Counter-terrorism Analyst Course, Washington, DC.
- (i) Advanced Counter-terrorism Analysis Course, Washington, DC.
- (j) Dynamics of International Terrorism Course, Hurlburt Field, FL.
(7) Must hold PMOS 0211 with two years experience as a 0211.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 3500.32, Intelligence Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Intelligence Specialist 059.267-014.
(2) Counterintelligence Agent 378.267.010.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
* MOS 0211 Marines attend the MAGTF Counterintelligence Course prior to receiving PMOS 0211. MOS 0251 Marines selected for MOS 0210 must complete the MAGTF Counterintelligence Course prior to receiving MaS 0210. MOS will transition from a Category II/III MOS to Category III MOS in FY 2008. Future revisions of this manual will update the status of this transition.
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, part 1