Marine Corps Officer Job Descriptions
MOS 0602 -- Communications Officer
MOS/Title: 0602 -- Communications Officer
Type of Officer : Unrestricted Line Officer
Type of MOS : PMOS
Rank Range: LtCol to 2ndLt
Job Description: Communications officers command, or assist in commanding, a communication unit or element. They supervise and coordinate all aspects of the planning, installation, operation, displacement and maintenance of data, telecommunication, and computer systems.
(1) Complete the Basic Communication Officer Course, MCCDC, Quantico, VA.
(2) Must be eligible for a top-secret security clearance based on a special background investigation.
(3) Must be a U.S. citizen.
Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.117, Individual Training Standards.
Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :
(1) Manager, Electronic Data Processing 169.167-030.
(2) Superintendent, Radio Communications 193.167-018.
(3) Manager, Communications Station 184.167-062.
Related Marine Corps Jobs:
Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, part 1