Examples of a Market Research Analyst Cover Letter and Resume
Since this position calls for analyzing data to find areas of improvement, ranging from increasing ad impressions to driving sales conversions, it will be helpful if you provide examples of instances when you have spearheaded projects or initiatives that generated or saved money or made other powerful contributions to the company.
Your cover letter should also express that you have the exact experience and skills outlined in the job advertisement.
See below for examples of a cover letter and matching resume for a market research analyst position.
Market Research Analyst Cover Letter Example
This is an example of a cover letter for a market research analyst. Download the market research analyst cover letter template (compatible with Google Docs and Word Online) or see below for more examples.
Market Research Analyst Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
123 Main Street
Anytown, CA 12345
September 1, 2018
Director, Human Resources
Acme Office Supplies
123 Business Rd.
Business City, NY 54321
Dear Ms. Lau,
The job listing, posted on LinkedIn, for an Associate Market Research Analyst caught my attention. I am confident my experience leading various focus groups, evaluating high-profile market research studies and providing actionable business recommendations would provide much value and benefit to your organization.
My various positions have taught me the importance of developing and maintaining professional relationships and record-keeping. Throughout any market research study, it is vital proper documentation takes place. Many parties are interested in accurate results that will ultimately help drive business objectives and focus. It is my priority during each study that protocols are followed to ensure a company’s outcome is one that will help increase profits, visibility or whatever the final objective may be.
I ask for a few minutes of your time so we can further explore the contribution I could bring to your organization.
Please contact me at email@example.com or 123-456-7890 to arrange a time. I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate the opportunity to apply and be considered for this position.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Market Research Analyst Resume (Text Version)
1048 Herbert Street
Los Angeles, CA 90003
Associate Market Research Analyst, BlueSky Intelligence, Los Angeles, CA
April 20XX – present
- Analyze, interpret and synthesize learnings from research sources, and draw actionable and executable conclusions for stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations on how to maximize opportunities and investments based on research findings.
- Clearly express ideas, results, and recommendations, both orally and in writing, to peers and management.
- Conduct focus groups and provide day-to-day support of on-going consumer satisfaction studies.
Market Research Analyst, XYZ Creative Group, Los Angeles, CA
June 20XX – March 20XX
- Continuously gathered and interpreted data on new and emerging competitors.
- Collected and synthesized customer demographics, preference, and buying habits to aid in the development of marketing campaigns and research materials.
- Analyzed and reported research results to management on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Created and updated research presentations and materials for all Spanish-speaking participants.
- Certified Professional Researcher, Marketing Research Association, June 20XX
- Proficient in Spanish
Bachelor of Arts, Shore Line University, San Diego, CA
Dual Major: Marketing & Psychology
Magna Cum Laude
Sending an Email Cover Letter
Subject: Market Research Analyst Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information. Start your email message with the salutation.