Marketing analysts help companies stay on top of industry trends and position their products and services in the marketplace. Pay for this job is competitive, with a median annual wage of $65,000, and the occupational outlook is strong. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that jobs in this field will increase 22% over the next 10 years.
If you’re someone who enjoys the challenge of predicting consumer behavior using data analysis, this job could be a perfect fit for you.
Market analysts typically have at least a bachelor’s degree and a background in business, communications, or related fields, as well as coursework in statistics and research.
Are you interested in applying for a job as a marketing analyst? Learn how to create a resume that highlights your skills, qualifications, and experience.
What To Include in a Marketing Analyst Resume
To make the best possible impression on the hiring manager:
Use the Right Keywords
Employers use certain keywords in the job listing to describe the skills and abilities they’re seeking in candidates. Learn how to decode a job advertisement and match your qualifications to their needs.
Emphasize Your Skills
Highlight marketing skills like communication, data analysis, public speaking, and creativity, as well as any technical skills like software packages or research methods that appear in the listing.
Choose the Best Resume Format
Depending on where you are in your career, you may choose one of several different resume formats. For example, if you have a great deal of related work experience, a chronological or combination format may help you highlight that. On the other hand, if you’re just starting out but want to emphasize the technical skills you learned in your internships and coursework, a functional resume may be helpful.
Consider Including a Summary Statement
More than just a replacement for the outdated resume objective, a summary statement provides a quick snapshot of your achievements and abilities, as well as an opportunity to include important information and keywords at the top of your resume.
Marketing Analyst Resume Example
The following is an example of a resume designed for a marketing analyst position. It includes a career objective, core qualifications, professional employment, internship experience, and education.
Download the marketing analyst resume template (compatible with Google Docs and Word Online) or see below for a text version.
Marketing Analyst Resume Example (Text Version)
Philadelphia, PA 19101
Market intelligence analyst looking for an opportunity to work with senior management to develop corporate marketing plans and enhance branding goals.
- Experience with database software, spreadsheet software, order processing systems, and content management systems.
ABC HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS, Philadelphia, PA
Market Intelligence Analyst, September 2020-Present
Thoroughly perform market research, analysis, and reporting.
- Managed market intelligence team in development of quarterly presentation to Business Development senior management and stakeholders.
- Contributed to a 10 percent increase in company market value in the past five years.
Research Analyst Intern, June 2020-May 2020
Researched and identified markets for new products using internal database and other database software.
- Repeatedly recognized for strong leadership skills and mastery of market analysis strategies.
- Collaborated with other members of Market Intelligence team to develop presentations.
XYZ BROADCASTING, Philadelphia, PA
Public Relations Assistant, January 2019-June 2020
Provided support to top-level media executives.
- Completed expense reports and managed expense tracking for all executives.
- Updated press lists and contact lists; conducted research for press releases.
Master of Business Administration (2020); GPA 3.6
Green University, Trenton, New Jersey
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science (2017); GPA 3.9
Gray College, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Graduated magna cum laude
- Market analysts help companies position their products and services in the marketplace by analyzing consumer behavior.
- When writing a market analyst resume, highlight marketing skills like communication, data analysis, public speaking, and creativity.
- Use sample resumes and cover letters to guide your application materials but be sure to customize your documents for each job opening.
- Quantify your achievements using numbers and percentages to demonstrate your ability to get results.