Mini Resume Template and Examples
A mini resume contains a brief summary of your career highlights and qualifications. The mini resume highlights your accomplishments rather than presenting a full-length account of your work experience, education, and achievements.
When to Use a Mini Resume
In most cases, your traditional long-form resume will be appropriate. A mini resume, however, comes in handy at job fairs or networking events when you're meeting with many people and want to leave them with something more than a business card, but less bulky than a full resume.
You can use the mini resume when you're networking and want a contact to pass on your information to a hiring manager or recruiter. Your goal is to provide the basics a company needs to decide whether it should pursue you as a candidate.
Having mini resume on hand in the format of a business card can be useful since it's easy to carry and you can pass it on to potential employers, clients, and business contacts you meet unexpectedly. Arranged thoughtfully, the mini resume can impart far more information than your basic business card.
Mini Resume Templates
The first section of your resume should include information on how the employer can contact you, or this contact information can be printed on the front of a standard-size business card with your career highlights on the back. (A professional printer may be able to generate a slightly larger card if you have more information than can fit on a standard business card—but remember, your goal is conciseness.)
Think about including your LinkedIn address, as well as your basic contact information. This will allow interested employers to access your full resume immediately.
First Last Name
City, State Zip
- A mini resume lists your key achievements and skills.
- The best way to present your information is in a bulleted list format.
Mini Resume Sample #1
848 Excelsior Circle
Stanford, MI 09991
- Certified Workforce Development Professional with 14 years’ experience as a Career Specialist
- Ability to provide career counseling, coaching, and job seeker services
- Expertise at identifying values, developing possible career paths, and proposing strategies for entering a career
Mini Resume Sample #2
848 Abbott Road
Stillfield, CT 08888
- Five years’ experience in successful design, development, and support of live-use applications
- C++, Java, C, ASP.NET, SQL, MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, JBoss, Tomcat
- Certifications: CCNA, Unicenter Certified Engineer
Mini Resume Sample #3
763 Oceanview Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
- Three years’ experience heightening organizational reach through dynamic print and online initiatives
- Keen eye and creativity in crafting engaging messages enhanced by clever graphic design
- Adept in use of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, emailing systems, and HTML
Formatting Your Mini Resume
Remember to keep the backdrop of your mini resume simple – black text on a white or cream background is preferable. Since you want the text itself to pop on the page, avoid distracting colors, logos / initials, fancy fonts, or borders. Easily readable fonts are best – Times New Roman, Courier New, or Verdana.