Did a former colleague, a client, or someone you know professionally open a new business? Sending a congratulations email is always a nice touch. Not only are you acknowledging a significant accomplishment, but your congratulations email is also a networking opportunity. After all, your note could potentially remind a business owner that you could be of service.
Why You Should Send Congratulations for Opening a New Business
Besides simple courtesy, congratulating a new business can bring you bonuses. If you are seeking a job or clients, a new business means new opportunities. If you provide services they are likely to need, it pays to get your name and contact information into their hands.
What to Write in Your Letter or Email
When you're writing a congratulations letter, card, or email, your message doesn't need to be long. Start with your congratulations, then add a few sentences about how you're looking forward to the company's success. Close with an offer to help, if that's feasible.
Include your email address, phone number, website, and social media handles in your message to make it easy to contact you.
If you had applied for a job with the company before they opened but didn't get hired, this note will keep you in mind in case of openings.
While they may have filled their initial positions, they may realize they don't have the right mix or there may be some early departures.
Your well-wishes show that you support their operation and will put you in good stead for future opportunities.
Congratulatory Messages to Include
If you’re having trouble finding the right words to say, browse through these sample congratulatory remarks to find something that will fit your situation with just a little tweaking:
- I saw your ad in Marketing Communication Magazine. I’m so happy to see that your business is off to a running start.
- I’m so thrilled for you—opening your own business is a milestone.
- Your business idea is brilliant—in fact, I wish I had created it myself!
- Congratulations on opening your new store—you've chosen the perfect location.
- Your new store and displays are eye-catching—I'm sure customers will feel the same!
- We've needed a practice like yours in the community for some time—thank you for bringing us your services.
- Congratulations on your new venture; opening your own business certainly is a mark of distinction.
- I admire your foresight in opening your new store; I expect business will be booming in no time!
- I'm sure it's a great feeling of accomplishment to hang up your own shingle. Congratulations on your efforts.
- I enjoyed working with you previously at [name of last company], and I'm sure your drive and dedication will make this business a success.
- I'm so proud to have been your colleague at [name of last company]. You no doubt have the intellect and drive to now fly solo.
- I admire your courage, persistence, and determination in pursuing this new and exciting path.
- You have always been a leader, and I have no doubt you'll lead this new venture to success.
- I know this business has long been a dream of yours; congratulations on making it a reality.
- I wish you all the success in the world as you embark on this new adventure.
- You've worked harder than anyone I know—if anyone deserves success, it's you.
- I wish you prosperity as you build the business.
- Here’s to your success in the years to come.
- I look forward to seeing a multi-million dollar company shortly.
- I anticipate seeing great things from you in the future.
New Business Congratulation Letter Examples
New Business Congratulations Letter Example
Congratulations on your new venture. I'm so proud to have been your colleague at [name of last company], where I observed your sharp intellect and drive.
I have every confidence that you will succeed flying solo and that the Irvington Company will be a mover and shaker. You are a trendsetter and very savvy to start this business innovation.
I'm looking forward to doing business with you.
Congratulations Note for a New Business Venture
Dear First Name,
Congratulations on your new venture! It sounds like an exciting opportunity, and I'm looking forward to watching your progress as the business develops.
If there is anything at all I can do to promote your new business, please let me know. I'd be glad to assist however I can if I can be of help.
Website/social media links
New Business Congratulation Email Examples
New Business Congratulations Email Message Example #1
Congratulations on opening your own firm. Max's Accounting Services is sure to be a success with your down-to-earth manner and sharp skills.
Your client base is dedicated and is sure to grow as you become even more well known for your abilities.
If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Social media handles/website
New Business Congratulations Email Message Example #2
Subject line: Congratulations!
Congratulations on opening your restaurant. Mabel's Quick Lunch is a great addition to the neighborhood, and your menu is sure to please hungry diners.
People who enjoyed your cooking at your last establishment will be sure to become regulars as word gets out about your new restaurant.
I'll be following you on social media, and I'm happy to get the word out about your grand opening. Let me know about any hashtags or social media handles you would like to see promoted for upcoming events.
If there is any way I can help in the success of your new business, please let me know.
Social media handles/website
How Else to Support a New Business Venture
Be a supporter in getting out the word about their launch or grand opening. Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms. Note the hashtags and handles used and repost them.
Even if you don't get their business or aren't hired, your support may lead to more leads on jobs or clients.