Congratulate Someone on a New Job with This Sample Letter
A Sample Letter to Inspire You
When a business associate lands a new job, it's important to acknowledge this milestone by sending a note wishing them continued success. It's a nice gesture you'd appreciate if you were changing jobs and you never know when a former employee or colleague may be a colleague or client again in the future. Getting in the habit of writing congratulations letters and sending your business associates off with best wishes will set the right tone for when you cross paths again.
Here's an example of a congratulations note you can send to someone who's found a new job.
Business Congratulations Letter Example
Congratulations on your new position with the Sunshine Agency. I'm sure you will be an asset to their staff, with your years of experience and organizational skills, not to mention your easygoing personality.
You will be greatly missed here, but I speak for the whole team in wishing you all the best in your new endeavor!
Congratulatory Descriptions for a Business Associate
Here are some sample sentences that you can draw on to craft a letter of congratulations:
- I heard you got the job you've always wanted. Cheers to your continued success!
- This position was truly made for you. Congratulations on finding such a perfect opportunity.
- I'm so thrilled to hear you got your dream job. Would love to celebrate the occasion with you!
- Your new company made the right choice in hiring someone like you. You deserve all the rewards to come.
- Congratulations on your new endeavor! I'm so thrilled that you'll be working on something you're passionate about.
- Your talent will truly be appreciated in this new role. They're lucky to have you!
- It was a pleasure and an honor working with you. Your new role is well deserved, and I wish you success in your new job.
- I know you've waited a long time to find this job, and it's inspiring to see you fulfill your dream.
- You are a force to be reckoned with in this field, and I'm so proud to know you and to have worked with you.
- You are indeed the best person for your new job. Kudos to you for reaching this wonderful milestone.
- You are proof that dedication and determination go a long way. You inspire me!
- While we'll miss your valuable contributions and dedication, I am so glad you got a new job that excites you.
- Your new job is a perfect match for you. I wish you continued success.
Writing a personalized, brief note is appropriate in a variety of work situations, not just when your business associate is moving on to a new job. Other instances for which you should learn how to write personalized business letters include thanking someone for an interview, following up after an interview or application, accepting or rejecting a job, resigning from a position and many more. As fewer and fewer people put the time and energy into sending these letters, each one that is received becomes more memorable to the recipient, whether that's a business associate or a future employer.