Network More Aggressively to Grow Your Business
New Year's Resolutions for Your Business
In real estate, the saying goes "it's all about location, location, location." In business, it is all about connections, connections, connections and how you make those connections is something just about every business person can always improve upon.
Making connections is one way of networking your business, but how when you are busy? Maybe you are nervous about telling others about your business or afraid get out and go door-to-door (which may not even be of any value to your business depending on what you do.) Maybe you are shy, lack language skills, the right wardrobe ... the kid is sick .... the dog is sick .... it's Wednesday ...
If you can see where I am heading with this, it is because as a busy businesswoman with six children and a household and business to run I have come up with all the above excuses and then some. But anyone with Internet access, a phone, or even a stack of business cards can network in their PJs at all hours or the day and without having to worry about being socially awkward.
If there is something you really do not have the time or talent to do, focus on the things that you can, but don't just shrug networking off as something that will do it all by itself for you. You have to work it!
Make it a Goal to Beef up Your Business Network
If you are not actively and aggressively networking you are selling yourself and your business short. Networking not only helps your business to grow but can boost your confidence and business knowledge. No matter how antisocial you may be by nature, you must learn to embrace networking.
Goals to Accomplish this Resolution:
- Call your local chamber of commerce or business association and ask about local events and services. Be sure to ask if there are events specifically for women, but do not exclude other events as possible networking opportunities.
- Attend any business events in your area that you can.
- Take advantage of online business associations and networks.
- Always carry business cards or product information in case you meet someone interested in your business.
Why You Should Aggressively Network Your Business in the Coming Year
Business is all about making the right connections and getting the word out about your company, services, and products. Advertising and marketing campaigns are only one part of the success equation, to really make a splash in the business world you need to build a solid network.
- Attend Networking Events to Grow Your Business
- The Two Most Valuable Networking Skills to Develop
- Ways to Network Your Business
Networking helps you to make valuable connections that could lead to contracts, opportunities, sales, investors, and clients. But networking also gives you a peer group to share ideas and experiences with.
Exchanging information with other business professionals can help you learn mistakes to avoid and glean ideas from the success tips of other entrepreneurs.
Network Live Events to Grow Your Business: No matter how hard you work, you cannot live up to your full potential as an entrepreneur operating in total isolation. Attending networking events can help you both professionally and personally.
All Business Resolutions in This Series:
- Resolution #1 - Network More Aggressively
- Resolution #2 - Update Your Business Plan
- Resolution #3 - Assess Your Business to Avoid or Solve Problems