What National Awareness Month Events are Celebrated in November?
Increase business by making the most of November's National Awareness Days
Many countries adopt causes or a special interest group to promote during a calendar month. The United States is particularly prolific at creating "national month" events to promote business interests. Showing your support of causes that are important to you is a great way to brand your business in your local community as a business with a heart.
Which Awareness Events Are Celebrated in November?
The following events are observed calendar month-long (unless otherwise indicated) every year November in the United States:
- Aviation Month. Great opportunity for bookshops, toy stores, broadcasters, educational businesses, and travel business to feature products and service related to the aviation industry.
- Good Nutrition Month. Any business that sells healthy foods, cookbooks, diet services, exercise equipment, or supplements is perfectly situated to offer coupons, freebies, and consultants. It's a great time for potential clients to get to know you.
- Hunger Awareness Month. Even in the wealthiest communities, there are people who need help with access to healthy food. Your business has an opportunity to publicly give products, raise funds, or promote the work of your local food pantry.
- Latin American Month. Show your business's commitment to the Latino community by offering special events, products, or discounts on products or services that originate in Latino countries.
- National AIDS Awareness Month. Fundraisers and awareness campaigns can win your business friends, particularly in the LGBTQ community.
- National American Indian Heritage Month. If you're located in an area with a strong Native American presence, consider partnering to create programs, products, fundraisers, or other offerings to honor local Native people.
- National Diabetes Awareness Month. This very common disorder is often treated with special diets and exercise. If you offer healthy food or exercise programs/products, now is a great time to reach out to the diabetes community.
- National Georgia Pecan Month. Sell pecans or pecan-based foods? Celebrate your southern roots this month with offerings such as pecan pie, praline ice cream, Georgia-themed cookbooks, and more.
- National Long Term Care Awareness Month. If your business offers services or products for long term care, this is a good time to make your community better aware of your business and the quality of your offerings.
- National Novel Writing Month. Get creative with this fun celebration by offering reading and writing corners, celebrating local novelists, decorating with book covers, or otherwise making the readers and writers in your community feel welcome.
- National Peanut Butter Lover's Month. Got peanut butter? Coupons, recipes, free samples, and even history lessons are a great way to celebrate. You might also want to donate peanut butter to your local food pantry.
- National Pepper Month. Here's a chance to get your community excited about spicy foods by celebrating different types of peppers, selling pepper plants, or offering samples of peppery foods.
- National Red Ribbon Month (anti-drunk driving). Conduct public awareness-raising and fundraising events to support this important cause in your community.
- Vegan Awareness Month. Many people have no idea what a vegan is or what they eat to stay alive. Help them discover the richness of the vegan diet by offering samples, coupons, recipes, books, talks, and other products and events around this increasingly popular lifestyle diet.