Profile of Abby Lee Miller
Want to Contact Abby Lee Miller, Star of "Dance Moms"?
Business Address: The Abbey Lee Dance Company is located on the border of Penn Hills, Plum Boro, and Monroeville, at 7123 Saltsburg Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15235.
Business Phone: (412) 795-6234
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Is Abby Lee Miller?
Abby Lee Miller is the star of the controversial hit reality show, Dance Moms." The show first aired in 2011 and is now in its sixth season (as of 2016). Miller has been a guest judge on Dancing with the Stars and appeared in three spin-off shows, of which one (Dance Moms: Abby's Studio Rescue) only ran for seven episodes.
Miller is also the owner and director of Reign Dance Productions, the founder of the Abby Lee Dance Company (headquartered in Pennsylvania).
In 2011 Miller filed for bankruptcy claiming to be nearly $350,000 in debt. However, in 2016 she was indicted on bankruptcy fraud charges. If convicted, she could face substantial fines and up to five years in jail.
Abbey Lee Miller Lives in Penn Hills, PA
Parents: George L. Miller and Maryen Lorrain Miller.
Birthplace: Based on where her parents were living at the time, Abbey Lee Miller was most likely born in or near Pittsburgh, PA. Her exact date of birth is not available.
Birthdate: September 21, 1966
Age: 49 (in 2015)
Marital Status: Single
- Owner and Director of the Maryen Lorrain Dance Studio (now known as Reign Dance Productions)
- Owner and Head Choreographer and Instructor of Abbey Lee Dance Company in Penn Hills, PA
- Owner of Reign Dance Productions in Penn Hill, PA
- Star of Lifetime TV's docu-drama series Dance Moms
Abby Lee's parents exposed her to many activities. Her father would take her to Girl Scouts meetings each week, swim team in the summer, and ski club in the winter.
Abby Lee played the clarinet, sewed, and even went to charm school (given her over-the-top angry outbursts and abusive language directed even to young children, one might wonder if she learned anything in charm school.)
Although Abby Lee was not much interested in dancing or performing, she loved watching the dance competitions she attended with her mother every summer and was inspired to become a choreographer.
Abby Lee was close to her mother as a child and remains very close to her as an adult. In one interview, Abby said the thing she fears most is "that I will lose my mom too soon."
The beginnings of the Abby Lee Dance Company
Maryen began dancing in 1933 and soon began teaching others how to dance. In 1944, she founded the Maryen Lorrain Dance Studio. Maryen was successful as a dance instructor and businesswoman, opening seven thriving dance studios in Florida before moving to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (her own hometown) to marry a childhood sweetheart. When she moved, she gave the Florida dance studios to her advanced dancers so that her name would continue to be prominent in the dance community. Today, her daughter, Abby Lee Miller has become the owner and director of the Maryen Lorrain Dance Studio in Pittsburgh.
Abby Lee followed in her mother's footsteps in both dance and business. At age 14, she opened her first dance studio, and in May of 1995, she opened the doors to her brand new state-of-the-art dance facility which was built to her specifications. Abby Lee Miller is the founder and chief choreographer of The Abby Lee Dance Company.
- The Wendy Williams Show (TV Series), February 22, 2012
- Late Night With Jimmy Falon (TV Series), Episode #1.585, January 17, 2012
- Anderson (TV Series), January 2012
- Dance Moms: Most Outrageous Moments, Season 1, Episode 13, 2011
- Anderson (Anderson Cooper's Show), January 10, 2012
- ABC's The View, 15th Season
- NBC, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, Episode 573, January 7, 2012
- Access Hollywood Live. March 2, 2012.
- IMDbPro Celebrity Appearances of Abbey Lee Miller
- MyLifetime.com Dance Moms Cast, Abbey Lee Miller
- Alexi Rob. Reach For The Stars. February 23, 2012.
- Janice Compton. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "Reality TV Shows Success Surprising."
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski. Reality TV World. Dance Instructor Abby Lee Miller Talks About 'Dance Moms.' October 12, 2011.