Resume Sample for a PMP Certified Project Manager
If you're looking for a new opportunity as a project manager, it's time to brush up your resume. This sample is for a PMP certified candidate who has held several jobs in the field.
Note how this jobhunter briefly but effectively breaks down the responsibilities and achievements each job entailed. It is clear at a glance what level of responsibility he had in each job, what tasks he performed, and even how his work benefitted each company's mission.
Keep the Reader in Mind
This resume can be read and understood by any business professional. Any person in a highly technical field should beware of using jargon that is understood only by others in the field. The resume may be read by a recruiter, a human resources manager, a senior vice president of a division, or a company's top IT person. Each of them should be able to understand whether this candidate may be right for an available job.
Stress Business Needs
The writer also focuses on the ways he contributed to each company's mission and its strategic business objectives. If you want a job that is at the heart of the organization, make sure you demonstrate your qualifications for that place in your resume.
This is an example of a resume for a PMP certified project manager. Download the project manager resume template (compatible with Google Docs and Word Online) or see below for more examples.
PMP Certified Project Manager Resume Example (Text Version)
Joe Applicant, PMP
999 Main Street
New York 10003
PMP CERTIFIED PROJECT MANAGER
Executive-level program manager with 12 years of Information Technology (IT) and business management experience in both the public and private sector with key emphasis on infrastructure management, billing and telecommunications, vendor management, and program management.
- Adept at coordinating and managing multiple IT projects simultaneously.
- Strong team-building and collaborative talents, including maintaining communication with stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Able to define and initiate projects and assign project managers to manage costs, schedule and perform component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success of various programs.
- Can track and correct software customization defects via the use of SDLC.
XYZ WIDGETS, Stamford, CT
Project Management Professional, May 2006-Present
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward business and other organizational objectives.
- Build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communications with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic objectives and make recommendations to modify programs to enhance effectiveness.
- Coach, mentor, and lead personnel within a technical environment.§ Present periodic Dashboard reports on the current program, future opportunities, and client issues to company executives and project team managers.
Master of Science in Public Policy & Management (2010); GPA 3.9
Carnegie Mellon University, The Heinz School, Pittsburgh, PA
Dean’s List; Graduated Summa cum Laude
Certificate in IT Project Management (2006); GPA 4.0
Georgia Institute of Technology, College of Computing, Atlanta, GA
Project Management Professional (PMP) (2005)
Certified through Project Management Institute (PMI), Harrisburg, PA