Project Management Executive - Resume & Sample
Here is an example of a well-written Project Manager resume. This candidate is PMP certified and has several years of experience in Project Management, as well as a solid education, including a Masters Degree.
Joe Project, PMP
City, State, Zip
Personal email address
Linkedin profile link
Cell phone number
Key Program Management Qualifications
Executive-Level Program Manager with 16 years of Information Technology (IT) and business management experience in both the public and private sector with key emphasis infrastructure management, billing and telecommunications, vendor management, and program management.
Carnegie Mellon University, The Heinz School, Master of Science, Public Policy & Management
Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Special Studies
Rutgers University, Bachelors of Arts in English and History
Georgia Institute of Technology, College of Computing, Certificate in IT Project Management
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, 2006
Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified through Project Management Institute (PMI), 2003
Executive Program Director, Current Employer, May 2006 to Present
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Define and initiate projects and assign Project Managers to manage cost, schedule, and performance of component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
- Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
- Coach, mentor, and lead personnel within a technical team environment.
- Present periodic Dashboard reports on the current program, future opportunities, and client issues.
Senior Engagement Manager, Last Employer, Solutions Implementation, Professional Services Group (PSG), May 2004 to May 2006
- Managed client engagement services and solution implementations
- Provided business consulting, knowledge expertise in strategic performance management methodologies, process assessment work, and the application of technologies to business.
- Fostered customer loyalty by ensuring that our customers fully utilize the value of our solutions and services.
- Maintained the customers existing revenue spend and strategically upsell additional products and services.
- Direct the coordination of all implementation tasks involving third party vendors as well as provide consultation to clients on system implementation.
- Manage transition of a client from Solutions Implementation to Client Support. Manage the development and maintenance of implementation portions of project.
Director, Project Management, Company Name Consulting Services, LLC, April 2002 to May 2004
- Increased the company's growth by securing new partners, consulting engagements, and by delivering new projects.
- Responsible for program and portfolio management activities within the Sales and Marketing division.
- Executed and maintained program management processes and disciplines in the areas of: program schedule and quality management; communications management; human resource management; cost management; procurement management; risk / issue management; change management.
- Mentored staff in methodology and consulting excellence and encouraged best practice in project management and project planning.
- Managed budget for the organization to influence organization's financial profitability.
- Managed and perform the process of Statement of Work and contract creation to secure new and follow-on work.
- Proactively managed systems development, implementation, and risk via the use of SDLC.
Director Consultant/Senior IT Project Manager Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Telecom, Media and Networks, August 1999 to April 2002
- Established Project Management Office at a client site.
- Responsible for the development of new services and license business opportunities in the assigned region.
- Responsible for the recruiting, management and career development of consulting staff.
- Provided project turn-around expertise at the customer site with an emphasis on regaining customer confidence.
- Responsible for staff/account management and prioritization and forecasting.
- Met professional services revenue and profit quotas while managing regional P&L.
- Provided delivery management to ensure customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Developed project plans and assumed responsibility for project profit and loss.
- Worked with clients to assist in moving their organization from SEI CMM level 2 or higher
- Monitored project activities and advised staff of issues due to resource availability.
Senior IT Project Manager Pinnacle Software, Telecommunications Group, May 1999 to August 1999
- Developed the business case with emphasis on NPV, IRR, and ROI.
- Managed cost budget to allocate overall cost estimate to individual tasks.
- Produced project status reports, managed the team and resolved day-to-day issues with an emphasis on SDLC.
Implementation Manager Schlumberger, Telecommunications Practice, November 1997 to May 1999
- Served as client manager to implement client-server billing and customer care solutions.
- Managed 10 to 15 technical resources as well as authored Statement of Work.
- Tracked software customization, defects, and issues via the use of SDLC.
Professional Affiliations Project Management Institute (PMI), Member since 1991
Toastmasters International, Member since 2007