Resume Example With a Key Skills Section
When you're crafting your resume, impeccable attention to detail always makes a difference. Taking the time to write compelling but concise descriptions, proofreading your resume for grammatical errors, and putting together an aesthetically pleasing format will give you a leg up on the competition. Those targeted descriptions which show you're a fit for the position and the keywords and terms you use in your resume also make it easier for the employer to review your resume as a potential match for the job.
What to Include in a Resume Key Skills Section
One area you'll need to focus on in your resume is the "skills" section. Your skills section includes your abilities related to the job you're applying for. You should include both "hard skills" – specific, quantifiable attributions such as proficiency in a foreign language, typing speed, or computer software knowledge – and "soft skills" like flexibility, patience, and time management.
It's important to make sure your work experience listed on your resume reflects your skills. Then, when it comes time for an interview, be prepared to provide anecdotes, examples, or additional details supporting these skills.
Resume Example with Key Skills Section
Here is a resume example with a key skills section to get ideas for writing your resume. Download the resume template (compatible with Google Docs and Word Online) or read the example below.
Resume Example with Key Skills Section (Text Version)
123 Main St.
Sarasota, Florida 12345
(123) 456 -7890
- Communication: Award-winning customer service skills. Deals with internal and external customers at all levels via telephone and email to ensure successful communication through active listening and thoughtful questions.
- Problem Solving: Resolves in-depth queries in a methodical manner independently and with internal and external business partners to find appropriate resolutions and efficiencies, all with a high level of quality.
- Team Player: Enjoys sharing knowledge and encouraging the development of others to achieve specific team goals.
- Planning and Organizing: Refined planning and organizational skills that balance work, team support, and ad-hoc responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
- Systems Knowledge: Peoplesoft and Oracle. Experience in preparing and analyzing reporting data for management accurately and to timescales.
Asebeth Medical Services, Sarasota, FL
HR Coordinator, June 20XX-Present
Collaborated with each office territory and developed processes to enable compliance and recruitment of national field employees following medical client guidelines and contracts.
- Processed background checks, coordinated drug screenings, and expedited preparation and compliance of files to ensure seamless accreditation of health organization.
- Proactively monitored employee files for monthly compliance requirements by utilizing the computer system to generate reports.
Borders Books, Music and Café, Sarasota, FL
Interim Operations Manager, November 20XX-March 20XX
Supervised, coached and counseled staff of 50 employees.
- Recruited and scheduled staff to ensure balanced coverage at the information desks, on the floor to restock merchandise, and at the cash registers.
- Adapted and revised weekly schedule to consist of maximum 1400 hours as regulated by the Home Office.
Education & Credentials
Human Resources Certificate, 2016
Sarasota City College, Sarasota, FL
Advanced skill in Peoplesoft and Oracle