Sample Litigation Paralegal Resume
Dana S. Brown, ACP
451 Main Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
- Highly qualified and efficient paralegal professional with more than 10 years' litigation experience.
- Significant experience in product liability, insurance defense, and asbestos litigation.
- Strong technology skills including proficiency in Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw, Word, Excel, and Summation.
- Excellent writing skills and experience in drafting a wide range of legal documents including pleadings, discovery, motions, memoranda of law, briefs and correspondence.
- Extensive knowledge of substantive and procedural aspects of civil litigation.
- Solid discovery skills including e-discovery knowledge.
Smith & Brown, Beckley, WV
Senior Paralegal, August 2010 - Present
- Serve as paralegal to managing partner in busy litigation practice.
- Handle heavy case load and assist with all aspects of the litigation lifecycle from inception through appeal.
- Draft legal documents including pleadings, interrogatories, jury instructions, voir dire, affidavits, subpoenas and memoranda of law.
- Assist with trial preparation: manage trial exhibits, prepare trial notebooks, maintain expert binders, perform jury research and communicate with experts and fact witnesses.
- Train paralegals on case management software.
- Assist at trial; surveyed jury panels to obtain insight into decisions contributing to verdict.
- Developed in-house method of preparing trial exhibits reducing vendor costs by 15%.
Rothman, Jones & Kelly, Wheeling, WV
Litigation Paralegal, June 2006 - August 2010
- Involved in all aspects of litigation support including legal research, factual investigation, medical records review, document management, and trial preparation.
- Served as liaison between clients, opposing counsel, vendors, and witnesses.
- Reviewed, organized and summarized medical records; prepared subpoenas.
- Drafted discovery documents, correspondence, and legal memoranda.
The Law Offices of Timothy Jenkins, Wheeling, WV
Litigation Paralegal, February 2004 - June 2006
- Assisted staff counsel in all aspects of litigation management including factual investigation, document preparation, trial preparation, and support.
- Performed medical records procurement and analysis; prepared medical chronologies and summaries.
- Drafted legal documents including correspondence, pleadings, interrogatories, subpoenas, and affidavits.
- Researched legal issues; cite-checked and shepardized legal documents.
- Proficient in Westlaw and Lexis/Nexis.
Rhodes, Derry, Jones and Caine, LLP, Terra Alta, WV
Legal Assistant, June 2001 - February 2004
- Provided litigation support in a variety of cases including asbestos, products liability, labor and employment and commercial litigation.
- Organized and indexed case files; developed time-saving case filing system.
- Drafted correspondence and other legal documents.
- Scheduled depositions, hearings, and independent medical examinations.
- Prepared deposition summaries.
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
Bachelor of Arts, Paralegal Studies, 2000
G.P.A.: 3.5, Cum Laude
Distinguished Student Award, June 1999
- Advanced Certified Paralegal since 2005
- Notary Public
- NALA Professional Development Committee Member
- CASA volunteer for Ohio County CASA, Inc.
- Vice President, Wheeling Paralegal Association
- Wheeling Paralegal Association
- National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)