Sample Music Business Internship Resume
A Sample Resume for Pursuing a Career in the Music Business
815 North Broadway, New York, NY 12001
Phone: 222-345-1234/E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbia University, New York, NY, May 20XX
Bachelor of Arts, Management and Business
Davis United World College Scholar
Major GPA 3.45, Cumulative GPA 3.27
United World College of South East Asia(UWCSEA), November 20XX
Statistics for Business, Management Information Systems and E-Commerce, Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Business Strategy, Skidmore Saratoga Entrepreneurship Partnership, Business Law 1 & 2, Taxation of Corporations and Partnerships, Business Ethic and Society, Foundations of Business in the International Environment, Coaching and Teamwork Service Learning Experience
Intern / Trainee Producer, LaLa Productions, New York, NY, Summer 20XX
- Engineered sessions; transcribed music; programmed drums; tracked and comped vocals; mixed sessions in Protools HD for Grammy Award-winning song writer and producer.
Developer, Virtual R & B, New York, NY, Summer 20XX
- Created Do-It-Yourself version of The Virtual CD, drastically lowering administrative costs of serving new clients.
- Upgraded Flash Application in ActionScript and developed application back-end in Jamroom Content Management System (PHP / MySQL).
Consultant, Developer, Sweet Inspirations, New York, NY, January 20XX
- Devised and implemented social media marketing strategy for a local contemporary clothing boutique.
- Developed platform-independent E-Commerce website on Drupal Content Management System.
Developer / Owner, WJBN, New York, NY, May 20XX
- Created Joomla-based Social Network with features including micro-blogging, messaging, news, events, and viral invites. Grew membership to over 600 users.
Web / Graphics Designer, Methodist University Relations, Fayetteville, SC, February 20XX-August 20XX
- Developed and designed all-college communications material; such as billboards, brochures, and websites.
Founder / Producer, John J Productions, New York, NY, January 20XX-August 20XX
- Grew music production company into successful profit-generating enterprise - overseeing overall management functions including budgeting, operations, and promotions.
Technical Support Specialist, Horizon Computers, New York, NY, November 20XX-June 20XX
- Administered budget and inventory; explored new markets; repaired computers and liaised with suppliers.
- Increased business significantly within first 3 months.
Activities, Achievements & Student Leadership
Student Representative, SGA, Columbia University, New York, NY, September 20XX-May 20XX
Student-Affairs-Institutional Policy and Planning Committee, Columbia University
The Case-Ladd Task Force
Formulated all-college policies
Developed and designed SGA website, implemented Joomla CMS
Computer / Language Skills