Here is a sample resume of a mechanical engineer. it is well organized and highlights the accomplishments of this individual's career. Use this sample resume as a guide for writing your resume.
Download the mechanical engineer resume template (compatible with Google Docs and Word Online) or see below for more examples.
Mechanical Engineer Sample Resume
123 Main Street
Anytown, New York 12345
Seeking a full-time permanent position in mechanical engineering with emphasis on product development, electronic packaging, and manufacturing.
- 11 years of experience in product development of consumer electronics and hand-held devices.
- Experienced in conceptualizing and refining designs for accessories for Apple iPod.
- Experienced in generating industrial design concepts for Vidikron DiLA video projector.
- Experienced in engineering Nike, Timex, Acqua, Adidas, and Freestyle projects to completion
- Experienced in engineering miniaturized mechanical projects from concept to prototypes.
NATIONAL ELECTRONICS AND WATCH COMPANY, Mountain View, CA
Mechanical Design Engineer, July 2015-Present
Specializing in designing parts for plastic injection molding with extensive knowledge of sheeting metal processing and metal casting.
- Mechanical design of optical devices.
- Creating 3D and 2D drawings for prototypes and manufacturing.
- Manage local and overseas manufacturers, suppliers, and mold makers.
XYZ PRODUCT DESIGN COMPANY, Palo Alto, CA
Product Design Engineer, June 2010-July 2015
Creating mechanical designs of medical and communication devices.
- Worked with local and overseas manufacturers, suppliers, prototype makers, and mold makers.
- Managed local and overseas manufacturers, suppliers, and mold makers.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME); (2010) GPA 3.6
San Jose State University, San Jose, California
G.C.S.E. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, and Chinese; (2007)
Davis College, Hove, East Sussex, United Kingdom