Scrum Master Cover Letter and Resume Examples
How to Write a Strong Cover Letter and Resume for a Scrum Master
Are you a scrum master looking for an example of a resume and cover letter? Scrum masters must pair highly technical training with organizational and communication skills, and you'll want your job-seeking materials to stress your specific qualifications.
Take the time to match your qualifications to the job description, then use your cover letter to show the employer why you're a strong candidate for the job. Be specific about how your qualifications can help the company succeed.
Here's an example of a cover letter for a scrum master position, as well as a scrum master resume example, further down.
Scrum Master Cover Letter
Your City, State Zip Code
Your Phone Number
City, State Zip Code
Dear HR Manager:
This letter is to express my interest in your posting on Dice.com for an experienced, results-oriented, highly-organized Scrum Master. With a Bachelor’s degree in computer science and several years of experience leading high-profile, high-pressure software releases, I have the experience, skills, and results-driven attitude to succeed in this role at your organization.
This year, I ran a successful software release on a shoestring budget. With fewer than six developers, I was able to deliver a polished final product on time and within the predetermined budget of $30,000. Through daily meetings, detailed project timelines, and the removal of project roadblocks, I assisted in the release of a product that received positive media and industry reviews.
Throughout my career, I’ve become an expert on the Agile framework for project management and the Scrum evangelist for each company I’ve worked for. I value my role in an organization and aspire to help others interested in becoming a Scrum Master. I am active in various professional organizations and continuously look for software and methods to improve the Scrum process.
I’ve attached a copy of my resume that details my experience. I can be reached anytime via my cell phone, 555-555-5555, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Scrum Master Resume Example
999 Main Street, New York 10003
Experienced scrum master with a proven track record of delivering high-quality software, on-time and within budget seeks a position with a top technology firm.
- Certified Scrum Master and Scrum Professional.
- Evangelist of agile/scrum principles and methodology.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Eight years scrum experience.
BMI, Chicago, IL
Agile Scrum Master, January 2016-Present
Facilitate sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, and software demonstrations.
- Protect development team from outside distractions, impediments, or team conflicts, and maintain focus on product backlog project timeline.
- Work closely with project owner in backlog management and continuous delivery of features.
- Educate and reinforce scrum methodology and agile framework to team members and stakeholders.
- Direct and lead development team from project initiation through the delivery of final product.
PEEL INC., Chicago, IL
Project Manager/Scrum Master, May 2010-January 2016
Planned and monitored project spending/budgeting, and guided projects to completion on time, within scope, and on budget.
- Managed project scope to ensure delivery was compliant with scope commitment.
- Tracked and managed product backlog, burndown metrics, velocity, and task breakdown.
- Addressed problems through risk management and contingency planning.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Programming (May 2010); GPA 3.9
Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
Dean’s List; Graduated Summa cum Laude
Certifications: Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance, August 2012; Certified Scrum Professional, Scrum Alliance, December 2010.
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Scrum Master Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information. Start your email message with the salutation.