Navy NEC Codes - Special Warfare/Diver
The Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) system supplements the enlisted rating structure in identifying personnel on active or inactive duty and billets in manpower authorizations. NEC codes identify a non-rating wide skill, knowledge, aptitude, or qualification that must be documented to identify both people and billets for management purposes.
For example, if a Navy police officer ( MA -- Master at Arms ) receives specialized training as a K-9 Dog Handler, he/she would be awarded NEC MA-2005.
From that point on, the sailor could be assigned to Navy law enforcement duties involving military working dogs.
Below are the NECs for the SPECIAL WARFARE/DIVER community area:
- 5301 UDT/SEAL Candidate
- 5304 Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC)
- 5305 Joint Terminal Attack Controller Instructor (JTAC-I)
- 5309 Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Unit (EODMU) Apprentice
- 5320- 5328 Special Warfare Combatant Swimmers
NOTES: 1. Assignment of NECs 5323 and 5326 are contingent upon successful completion of BUD/S training, Army Basic Parachute Training and six months duty with a Special Warfare Team. For SDV personnel, this six-month requirement begins upon reporting to SDV school or to an SDV team, whichever is earlier. 2. Recommendations for assignment or cancellation of NEC 532X will be made solely by a Special Warfare Team Commanding Officer based on an evaluation of an individual's operational proficiency and professional performance.
3. SEAL and SDV mission information is contained in the appropriate naval warfare publications or may be made available on a need to know basis from CNO (N761). 4. See NAVMILPERSMAN 1220-100 for details on screening and qualifications. 5. Candidates may enter BUD/S training with current rate but must laterally convert to a rating listed in MILPERSMAN 1220-100 within 12 months of assignment of NEC 5323 or 5326.
- 5320 Basic Combatant Swimmer
- 5323 SDV Pilot/Navigator/DDS Operator
- 5326 Combatant Swimmer (SEAL)
- 5328 Very Shallow Water Mine Countermeasures Operator (VSW MCM Operator) (APPLIES TO: AB, AO, BM, BU, CM, EM, EN, EO, ET, GM, HM, HT, IC, MM, MN, OS, MC, PR,QM, IT, SK, STG, TM)
- 5330 (EOD) Apprentice Diver (Student Status) (APPLIES TO: EOD)
- EOD 5332 Basic EOD Technician-Reserves (APPLIES TO: EOD)
- EOD 5333 Basic EOD Technician (APPLIES TO: EOD)
- EOD 5334 Senior EOD Technician-Reserves
- EOD 5335 Senior EOD Technician (APPLIES TO: EOD)
- EOD 5336 Master EOD Technician-Reserves
- EOD 5337 Master EOD Technician
- 5339 Ordnance Clearance Diver
- 5341 Master Diver (APPLIES TO: ND)
- 5342 Diver First Class (APPLIES TO: ND)
- 5343 Diver Second Class (APPLIES TO: ND)
- 5344 Submarine SCUBA Diver
- 5345 Scuba Diver
- 5348 Marine Mammal Systems Operator
- 5350 Special Warfare Combatant Crewman (SWCC) Basic
- 5352 Special Warfare Combatant Crewman (SWCC) Advanced
- 5375 Salvage/Construction Demolition Diver
- SO-5392 Naval Special Warfare Medic (APPLIES TO: SO, SB)