The Cost of Working
Is It Worth It?
Is it worth it? Bringing another income into the house isn't always as helpful as you might think. The following online calculator can help you weigh the costs of staying home versus working outside of the home. Based on a one-month time frame, fill-in the blanks below to find out how much you will actually make working outside of the home. List all the expenses you will incur if you go to work. Then enter the NET monthly income (amount after taxes) you expect if employed.
Keep in mind this form does not take into consideration some immediate big cost items, like a car, new clothes, or special equipment you might need for a job.
More About Work Versus Staying Home
Tips for One Income Living
- Top Tips To Make It On One Income
- Living on One Income in a Two Income Economy
- You Can Afford to Stay Home With Your Kids
- Financing Pregnancy
Family Money Saving Tips
- Save Money on Baby, Toddler and Kid's Expenses
- Money Saving Tips for Grocery Shopping
- Save on Laundry and Clothing Costs
- Frugal Housekeeping, Cleaning, Upkeep and Gardening Tips
- Save Money on Crafts, Birthdays and Holiday Gifts
- Save Money When Eating Out
- Money Saving Tips for Food Storage and Cooking
- Recycle and Reuse
- Money Saving Tips Using Coupons
- Save Money at Thrift Stores and Garage Sales