Thoughtful Team Builder Questions to Use as Ice Breakers
Are you looking for a way to build your team quickly and effectively as part of your regular meetings and training sessions? These team builder icebreakers fit the bill. Use team builder icebreakers to help you create a meeting or training environment that fosters communication.
Thoughtful team builders help participants know each other's values and participate on a whole new level on the team. You can use these thoughtful team builder icebreakers for team building.
Here are guidelines about how to facilitate and use these ice breaker questions for meetings. You will need to ask your participants to stay focused on the answers they share to these questions. It is easy to use them to launch into their life story which is more than you need for an icebreaker.
Icebreakers for Meetings to Use to Get to Know Each Other
Here are sample icebreakers for meetings. Your feedback about how the icebreakers for meetings worked is always welcome.
Thoughtful Team Builder Ice Breakers
- What was the worst day of your life and why?
- What would you most like to be remembered for when you are reminiscing about your life in your old age?
- What aspect of your personality adds the most value to the world?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what change would you make?
- If you could choose any one person, living or dead, whom would, you most want to emulate? Share why.
- Who had the most influence on the choices you eventually made for your life when you were growing up?
- What was the best day of your life and why?
- What soothes your spirit when you are unhappy or in a bad mood?
- What talent do you have that is not utilized successfully in your workplace?
- What are three things that you would change about your work environment that would make you a more successful employee?
- If you had your work life to live over, at what point would you have chosen a different path that would have led you to more success and happiness?
- What skills do you bring to your workplace that are currently underutilized?
- What is one activity, that if you could do it every day at work, would most increase your appreciation of your current job?
- Are you a day person or a night person and how does this affect how you work?
- What words would you most like to hear from your boss that would help you feel motivated and successful in your job?
- What would you like to do next in your current organization? What would you bring to the new position?
- What are the most significant characteristics of the people who have been your best bosses during your career? What made them best bosses?
- What are the most significant characteristics of the people who have been your worst bosses during your career? What made them the worst bosses?
- Would you make a good boss? What makes you answer the question the way you did?
- Do you get to do something at work every day that you love? If so, what is it? If not, what can you do about that?
- Do you have a best friend at work? Who is it and what draws you to this person?
- If you invited a child to a take your children to work day/event, what would you show the child about what you do at work? What would you tell the child about your job?
- Looking at your whole life, not just your work life, what are three areas or activities in which you wish you were spending more of your time?
- What five characteristics must your work environment or culture have to make you feel engaged, alive, excited, and contributing as an employee?
- What are the one or two things in a work environment or culture that would drive you to look for a new job and leave?