Walmart Online Application and Assessment Test Information
Are you interested in joining the Walmart workforce, one of the largest companies in the world ? All candidates for employment must complete a job application, either in-person or online.
Depending on the job you’re applying for, you may be required to take a career assessment test to determine your suitability for employment at Walmart.
Walmart Job Application and Pre-Employment Assessment Test
To begin, you can visit Walmart's Hiring Center online or apply at a Hiring Kiosk in a Walmart store. Walmart job applications are accepted in both English and Spanish.
When you apply for a job at Walmart, you will start by responding to Walmart's employment statements. These include agreeing to a background check, a drug screening, and acknowledging that misrepresentation or omission of any information will result in your disqualification or dismissal from employment.
Register for an Applicant Account
All applicants must create an applicant account. If you have applied for a Walmart job before, you can login to your existing applicant account.
Complete the Walmart Job Application
- Choose where you would like to work: Walmart retail store, Sam's Club, or Walmart distribution/transportation. Also, choose the city and store or facility you would like to work in.
- Provide your contact information: Name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Know your availability: Depending on the position you seek, you will be asked to fill out your availability for work. Later in the application, you’ll be asked whether you're available to work evenings and weekends, if you can work the night shift, and if you'd like to work full-time, part-time, or on a temporary basis.
- Complete your employment history: Employers and dates worked (up to ten years ago). If you already have a resume, you can upload it so that the system automatically reads your job history. Make sure to check it upload correctly or the software may not pick up all the information.
- Verify your eligibility to work: Be prepared to answer whether or not you can prove your U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the United States.
- Provide your qualifications: For example, if you have any special skills or if you are bilingual.
- Opt to share personal information: You can choose to volunteer your gender or ethnic group, or decline to reveal this information.
Walmart Employment Questionnaire
Next, you will fill out a questionnaire in which you are asked to provide your age, and if you have ever been convicted of a felony, theft, fraud, or a violent crime.
You will also be asked about your highest level of education, whether you're a student, the lowest amount of money you would accept for the job, your employment experience, if they can contact your past employers, and when you can start working. You will also answer questions that will determine if you are eligible to receive federal tax credits.
Walmart Pre-Employment Assessment Test
If prompted, the employment portal will let you know to begin taking an assessment. Proceed through the quick slideshow presentation and set aside about half an hour to complete.
This retail Walmart assessment test has 65 questions in five sections:
1. There are five scenarios wherein you choose which potential reactions are most helpful and least helpful. Read the scenario and each response carefully. Even though some of the answers may seem similar, simply choose which of the four is best (by selecting the button on the left) and which is the worst (by selecting the button on the right).
2. The next section tests your ability at team management with six multiple choice questions. Read the question carefully and examine any graphics or diagrams that the assessment provides to help you reach your answer. In this section, you will need to demonstrate some basic math and logic skills.
3. In the third section, you are given two scenarios. In each, prioritize four activities in order of most impact on the overall performance of the facility that you manage.
4. The next section are general work history-related questions. There are 18 questions total, but they do not require you to analyze or compute any answers. Read each question carefully and choose the best of the multiple choices.
5. The final section is the longest. You will be given work style characteristics and their opposite. You must choose where on the spectrum you land. If it feels complicated, make sure to watch the sample question for guidance. There are 59 questions, and there are no wrong answers.
Applying for Walmart Jobs
Because you’ve created an account and applied for one job already, you may log back in, view your progress, and apply to other Walmart jobs in a variety of roles and facilities. If you did not receive the job you wanted, it's very likely there's a similar job nearby.
If you apply for another role, all your previous information from your last application will have been saved. You may simply submit what you submitted in your last application or make updates as necessary.
Fortune. "Global 500 Walmart," Accessed Oct. 26, 2020.