Are you interested in joining the Walmart workforce, one of the largest companies in the world? All candidates for employment must complete a job application, either in-person or online.
Depending on the job you’re applying for, you may be required to take a career assessment test to determine your suitability for employment at Walmart.
Walmart Job Application and Pre-Employment Assessment Test
To begin the job application process, you can visit Walmart Careers online to apply. You'll be able to review job openings for stores and clubs, distribution and fulfillment centers, drivers and transportation, corporate, technology, and healthcare.
When you apply for a job at Walmart, you will start by responding to Walmart's employment statements. These include agreeing to a background check, a drug screening, and acknowledging that misrepresentation or omission of any information will result in your disqualification or dismissal from employment.
Register for an Applicant Account
All applicants must create an applicant account. If you have applied for a Walmart job before, you can log in to your existing applicant account.
Complete the Walmart Job Application
- Choose where you would like to work: Walmart retail store, Sam's Club, or Walmart distribution/transportation. Also, choose the city and store or facility you would like to work in.
- Provide your contact information: Name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Know your availability: Depending on the position you seek, you will be asked to fill out your availability for work. Later in the application, you’ll be asked whether you're available to work evenings and weekends, if you can work the night shift, and if you'd like to work full-time, part-time, or on a temporary basis.
- Complete your employment history: Employers and dates worked (up to ten years ago). If you already have a resume, you can upload it so that the system automatically reads your job history. Make sure to check it uploaded correctly, or the software may not pick up all the information.
- Verify your eligibility to work: Be prepared to answer whether or not you can prove your U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the United States.
- Provide your qualifications: For example, if you have any special skills or if you are bilingual.
- Opt to share personal information: You can choose to volunteer your gender or ethnic group, or decline to reveal this information.
You don't need a resume to apply for hourly jobs, but you will need to provide your job history when you complete the application.
Walmart Employment Questionnaire
Next, you will fill out a questionnaire in which you are asked to provide your age, and if you have ever been convicted of a felony, theft, fraud, or a violent crime. In some locations, legislation limits what an employer can ask candidates on a job application or during the early stages of the screening process.
You may also be asked about your highest level of education, whether you're a student, your employment experience, if they can contact your past employers, and when you can start working.
Walmart Pre-Employment Assessment Test
For some positions, assessments are required in order to be considered for that role. If prompted, the employment portal will let you know to begin taking an assessment. For retail jobs, the assessment will cover customer service, problem-solving, work experience, and work personality. For other jobs, the skills required for the role will be evaluated.
On average, it will take 15-20 minutes to complete the application for the first time, plus an additional 20-30 minutes for assessments. Subsequent applications will take less time because some of your information will be saved.
Applying for Walmart Jobs
Because you’ve created an account and applied for one job already, you may log back in, view your progress, and apply to other Walmart jobs in a variety of roles and facilities. If you did not receive the job you wanted, it's very likely there's a similar job nearby.
If you apply for another role, all your previous information from your last application will have been saved. You may simply submit what you submitted in your last application or make updates as necessary.
For assistance with submitting an application, contact Walmart's candidate help line at 800-955-7267. It's open Monday-Friday from 7 am-4 pm CST.