Web Developer Resume With Summary Statement Example
Web developers on the job market are typically best served by professional resumes that emphasize both their strong tech skills and their creative design talents. Thus, the format of a web developer resume can be more “artistic” than that which would be utilized for more conservative career fields.
Web developer resumes also need to incorporate as many industry-specific keywords as possible in order to be ranked highly by the sophisticated applicant tracking systems that companies often now employ to review incoming job applications. If a resume and its accompanying cover letter fail to use the keywords that these systems are programmed to identify, it may be well be doomed never to reach the human eye of a hiring manager.
The best guide to knowing which keywords to use is the language used in the job advertisement to which one is applying. Keyword phrases that are frequently used in postings for web developers include: “LAMP development,” “working with command lines,” “writing modules,” “version control systems,” “continuous integration,” “DevOps practices,” “responsive design,” “agile software development,” “front-end systems,” “debugging,” “server-side scripting,” “writing application code,” and “object-oriented design.”
A tech table, as previously mentioned, is a great place to insert keywords. So is an opening resume summary statement (also known as a summary of qualifications). By beginning your web developer resume with a qualifications profile enriched with keywords, you’ll ensure that you both “pass” the scoring algorithms of the applicant tracking systems and immediately catch the attention of hiring managers.
It is also an effective strategy, in addition to the use of a tech table, to mention the different technologies you’ve utilized in each of the jobs you’ve held.
Web Developer Resume Example
123 Main Street, Town, PA 12345
c: 555-555-555 e: email@example.com
I'm an award-winning web developer with more than 10 years of well-rounded experience in LAMP development, object-oriented design, user-centered design, and continuous integration. My skills include HTML, CSS, server-side scripting, and graphic design. I also have experience with SEO and online advertising.
Software & Tools: CSS, NetSuite, Access, Oracle,
ABC Training, Philadelphia, PA
Technical Instructor - Curriculum Developer - Corporate Trainer (November 20XX – Present)
Brought onboard to provide comprehensive training in ABC programs and tools for ABC's high-profile corporate clients, including ABC Bank and ABC School.
- Served as Technical instructor for ABC on-site web development program.
- Contracted to teach web development programming and video editing at State University and Local County Community College.
Smith Business School, Philadelphia, PA
Technical Instructor - Curriculum Developer - Project Manager (October 20XX - November 20XX)
- Developed new curriculum for the web development programming course, with a scope of responsibilities including course development, lecture preparation, and development of practical application exercises for web development.
- Tasked with managing internship and externship projects for students in the web development programming course; as single point of contact, successfully liaised with local corporations and non-profit organizations providing internships for Smith students.
Web Company, Inc., Philadelphia, PA
Web Developer - Graphic Designer - Project Manager (February 20XX - September 20XX)
Technologies: UNIX, NT, IIS, ASP, COM, ADO, SQL Server
Recruited and hired two weeks before Web Company's IPO to implement the transition of their 58 online communities from a UNIX to NT Environment following Microsoft's $100,000,000 investment. Applications developed utilized the power of IIS, ASP, VB, SQL Server, COM, ADO, and related Microsoft technologies.
- Planned, created, launched, and managed corporate web sites for high-profile Web Company clientele, with a strong emphasis on user-centered design, usability standards, and human factors testing.
- Received Web Company Recognition Award for outstanding work on multiple client sites.
B.S., Computer Science, 20XX
Graduated magna cum laude