Work at Home Job Interview Questions, Answers, and Tips
When you interview for work at home employment, in addition to being asked questions about your ability to do the job, you will also be asked about your home office and the equipment you have that you'll need to work remotely.
The employer will also try to determine if you are flexible and self-motivated as well as able to manage your time and projects working without supervision.
Here are typical work from home interview questions and sample answers.
Work at Home Interview Questions and Answers
- What are the advantages of a work at home position? - Best Answers
- What do you like the best about working from home? - Best Answers
- What interests you about working for this company? - Best Answers
- Why do you think we should hire you? - Job Interview Answer:
Work at Home Questions to Ask an Employer
When you interview for a job, it's important to ask the employer questions that will help you decide if the job is one you want to take, if it were offered.
It's especially important for work at home employment, because there are so many jobs that aren't legitimate or if they are legitimate pay a very low rate. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The more information you have, the better equipped you will be to decide, if you get a job offer.
Here is a list of work at home questions to ask the interviewer so you can make sure the job is what you are looking for.
- How would you describe the responsibilities of the position?
- Are there any fees for coming on board with this company?
- Is training provided?
- Are there set work hours or is the schedule flexible?
- Would I be guaranteed a certain amount of hours each week?
- Do I need to purchase any equipment or supplies if I'm offered the job?
- If I am extended a job offer, how soon would you like me to start?
- If I am hired, will I be paid as an employee or an independent contractor?
- Is the pay an hourly rate or piecework or commission?
- If hired, how will I be paid (check, direct deposit, etc.) and how often will I be paid?
- What can I tell you about my qualifications?
- When can I expect to hear from you?
- Would you like a list of references?
- Are there any other questions I can answer for you?
Tips for Answering Interview Questions
During your interview, the hiring manager is going to ask questions that will help her to determine how successful you will be in the position.
A good way to be prepared to answer work at home interview questions effectively is to review the job description and make a list of the sought-after skills and experiences. Match that to a list of your skills and experiences, and think of specific examples you can give of instances when those attributes were successful for you on the job.
Review these tips for matching your qualifications to a job description, so you're prepared to highlight why you're a good match for the job during the interview.
In addition to making a match between yourself and the job, be prepared to discuss why you want to telecommute and how you are equipped to do so.
The interviewer will want to know about your workspace, computer, internet connection and other technology you may need to know to do the job.
You should also check the company’s website, social media sites, and any news articles where they are mentioned, to familiarize yourself with its products, services, and general information. If you have any contacts who are familiar with the company, ask them for information they think might pertain to your interview.