A former healthcare researcher and current freelance health writer, Zia's writing has been featured in Insider, Medical News Today, NetDoctor, and Harpers Baazar. She has a bachelor's in science and a master's in public health.
Zia is a digital health journalist and content creator with over 10 years of experience covering topics ranging from public health to medical cannabis, nutrition, and biomedical science. She has written for Medical News Today, NetDoctor, and Insider, among other publications.
Zia hopes to help people understand the wonders of health and wellness so they can become advocates for their own well-being, and her mission is to empower and educate people by bringing health matters to life with engaging, evidence-based writing.
Zia has worked in the healthcare industry as a researcher, clinical data manager, and clinical trial monitor. She transitioned into freelance writing and now works as a health copywriter and contributing writer to well-known publications worldwide. When she isn’t at the computer, she enjoys traveling and chasing after her dogs and horses.
- Antibiotics treat infections by either killing or sterilizing bacteria, Insider
- Coronavirus prevention tips: 10 tips to protect yourself from a deadly disease outbreak, Harpers Baazar
- Coronavirus: what COVID-19 does to your body, NetDoctor
- Does Medicare cover medical cannabis?, Medical News Today
- CBD oil and hormones: can cannabidiol restore hormonal imbalance?, NetDoctor
Zia has a Bachelor's Degree in Science from the University of Leeds and a Master of Public Health from the University of Manchester.